Fluval Flora Project - Page 4
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Planted Nano Tanks

Old 04-03-2014, 08:57 PM   #46
Agent69
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)

If you can see from the previous pic I have the crypt just floating around for now untill I figure out what im gonna do with it but its not staying in my nano

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
Agent69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-04-2014, 05:44 AM   #47
joey24dirt
Algae Grower

Great choice with the corys. Definitely one of my favourite fish. I have loads :-)
Old 04-04-2014, 09:18 PM   #48
Agent69
Planted Tank Obsessed

Got a couple baby ottos. I know at the moment its a full house in this tank but most are only housed here temporary and will be moved asap when my 46 is done cycling

Old 04-05-2014, 05:14 AM   #49
Agent69
Planted Tank Obsessed

Well guys I'm sad to report that the Cory's didn't make it. One passed away I suspect due to stress from when the inexperienced petco employee handled him and the other is missing but no body has been found
So I went to petco today with my water sample and the employee told me my water was a tad bit acidic and that Cory's don't do well in those conditions but regardless swapped them out for a few cardinals.
Old 04-05-2014, 06:42 AM   #50
Chris_Produces
Planted Tank Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent69 View Post
Well guys I'm sad to report that the Cory's didn't make it. One passed away I suspect due to stress from when the inexperienced petco employee handled him and the other is missing but no body has been found
So I went to petco today with my water sample and the employee told me my water was a tad bit acidic and that Cory's don't do well in those conditions but regardless swapped them out for a few cardinals.
Man sorry to hear. I know everyone says acclimate...blah blah blah...I have found that more, well all for that matter, of my fish survive if I simply let the bag float in the tank for 10min and then let them out, water included. I think that the longer a fish is in a bag, or a "creepy"(for lack of a better term lol) holding bucket/tank/etc, the higher the odds go up of the fish stressing out and thus passing away. The sooner they are in a "normal" environment, the better. However, this is all under the assumption that your water isn't contaminated by ammonia, nitrites, or 60-80ish+ppm of nitrates. Nitrate shock (or any number of extreme parameter changes in your water vs the fish stores' water) can stress most fish out in a hurry and they end up dying. On a side note, cardinals are awesome looking fish, but I have heard they are more sensitive to water parameters than say a neon tetra (I assume you're talking about cardinal tetras). Good luck and don't get discouraged! Lord knows I've lost my fair share.
Old 04-05-2014, 06:43 AM   #51
Chris_Produces
Planted Tank Obsessed

Do you have any readings of your water parameters?
Old 04-08-2014, 08:38 PM   #52
Agent69
Planted Tank Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_Produces View Post
Do you have any readings of your water parameters?
Well at the moment I dont have any readings of water parameters. I need to get a new test kit asap something is wrong with the tank because lately ive had shrimp dropping like flies, my blue ram passed away, and ive lost 6 neon tetras. I havent changed a thing other than my usual 30% weekly water change. I dont understand why

Old 04-08-2014, 08:39 PM   #53
Agent69
Planted Tank Obsessed

At one point I had between 20-30 shrimp and now I have like 10. The only thing I can think of is when I added the powerhead thats when everything started falling apart, I started seeing less activity, more casualties, and some green string algae.

Old 04-08-2014, 08:42 PM   #54
Agent69
Planted Tank Obsessed

Update pic of the tank sorry guys just trimmed the hairgrass and it made a mess!

Old 04-08-2014, 09:07 PM   #55
Chris_Produces
Planted Tank Obsessed

Yeah it'd be a huge help to know your parameters. How old is this tank now? Have you been treating the water for the changes? If it's tap that is. If distilled or RO then there's no need to do so. Did you seed the tank with bacteria at all when you first set this up?
Old 04-08-2014, 09:14 PM   #56
Agent69
Planted Tank Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_Produces View Post
Yeah it'd be a huge help to know your parameters. How old is this tank now? Have you been treating the water for the changes? If it's tap that is. If distilled or RO then there's no need to do so. Did you seed the tank with bacteria at all when you first set this up?
I just ordered the nutrafin master test kit but wont arrive till next week. The tank was setup on february 8th so its been around 2 months. I seeded the tank with media from my old eheim filter which has been running for the past year so it was well established. I dechlorinate tap water and replenish the 30% every friday of the week. I will update my water parameters when I get the kit thanks

Old 04-19-2014, 04:39 PM   #57
Agent69
Planted Tank Obsessed

Well guys the tank had a bad outbreak in hair algae and BBA. I'm treating all the equipment and plants and I'm gonna rescape the whole tank. The plants and livestock are going to be reused in my 40 gallon which is done cycling. This tank might become a nano shell dwelling tank for a couple dwarf cichlids or perhaps an exclusive shrimp breeding tank. L

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
Old 04-19-2014, 04:43 PM   #58
Agent69
Planted Tank Obsessed

I'm using the one two punch method and had great success killing all the algae. I was too worried about performing this method with my shrimps and fish in there so I moved them before.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk