Nerite Snail
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Fish

Old 02-20-2004, 02:58 PM   #1
Mini4x
Planted Member

PTrader: (2/100%)
Send a message via ICQ to Mini4x Send a message via AIM to Mini4x Send a message via MSN to Mini4x Send a message via Yahoo to Mini4x

Anyone have these?

Disregard the HUGE picture to your left, these little fellas are actually about the size of a dime, and have neat little barnacles growing on the shells (the picture doesn't show that). Probably about the best algae eating snail for aquariums in the world, as they DO NOT reproduce in freshwater, but only in brackish or saltwater. YES, we have them here at the nursery in our FRESHWATER pools so you need not worry about any acclimation process. They may lay "pretzel- salt-looking" eggs, but they won't hatch unless the eggs are laid in, at least, brackish water. Great for keeping GLASS, & PLANT LEAVES clean! NO, They won't eat your plants either. What else could you want in a snail?

STOCK 1 per gallon. Not easy to breed, as they are actually a brackish water snail (brackish water is where they are prolific). Excellent algae eating snail for freshwater aquariums. Will NOT harm plant life.
Mini4x is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-21-2004, 04:22 AM   #2
chinaboy1021
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)

i have zig zag nertie snails. they clean algae very well and dont harm plants in any way. i have 3 in a 10gallon moderately planted. i think they're great because the zig sag nertie snails are attractive looking invertibrate for any tank. here's a pic of mine from the underside.

chinaboy1021 is offline   Reply With Quote