First Planted Tank
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Tank Journals

Old 08-29-2007, 04:23 AM   #1
dooboogoo
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (22/100%)

First Planted Tank

So its been about three months since I started this tank, and its been through a lot of changes. First I had just spectra stone from petsmart which I switched to flourite. Then I changed the lights (a couple times), from incandescent to CF screw-ins, to now my 28W 6500K Coralife PC light. I've switched in/around/out so many plants, but now I think I'm satisfied....until I have the urge to redo it all again....

Here's how it looked after I added my first plants three months ago (a couple days after setting it up.)

Then here's how part of it looked when I changed to flourite. FYI, seachem is wrong about not having to rinse flourite. My tank was a big muddy mess and I had to take everything out to rinse and dry the flourite. Biggest PITA ever. I don't know why the lights are so dim, I'm pretty sure this is when I upgraded to the CF screw-in bulbs (2x10W).

Then there was this HUGE algae problem (tons of hair or beard algae growing all over the plants and sides of the tank).
And here's how it is now. Just some GSA and fuzz algae, but it seems under control.

Just felt like sharing...
Adrian
dooboogoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-29-2007, 05:40 AM   #2
Roc
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (43/100%)

you have almost completely different plants in each pic is this becuase they died or you decided you wanted to do something different
Old 08-29-2007, 06:06 AM   #3
dooboogoo
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (22/100%)

I still have the amazon swords and java fern from the first pic. I recently pulled out the dwarf hairgrass (trying out glosso in the foreground now). And the big bushy plant on the right in the second pic kinda just fell apart and I've moved the banana plants to another tank. I've just been adding plants for the past month.
dooboogoo is offline   Reply With Quote