Does Petco have their $1/gallon tank sale annually?
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions

Old 10-30-2006, 07:54 AM   #1
crazie.eddie
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (8/100%)
Send a message via ICQ to crazie.eddie Send a message via AIM to crazie.eddie Send a message via MSN to crazie.eddie Send a message via Yahoo to crazie.eddie

Does Petco have their $1/gallon tank sale annually?

I'm just curious if Petco has their $1 per gallon tank sale annually or was it just a 1 time thing? The reason is I'm not sure if I want to keep one of my tanks and am thinking of selling it. But if I do need one, I may just buy it again if they have another $1 per gallon tank sale again.
125 gal (473 liter): Low Tech (1.5wpg PC for 10 hours, no CO2/ferts, gravel substrate), Equipment (72" Coralife PC, Eheim Pro II 2128 w/built in heater, FilStar XP3 w/Hydor ETH201 inline heater), Fish (6*Discus, 2*Angel, 5*Clown loaches, 4*L-018 Gold Nugget pleco, 1*L-260 Queen Arabesque pleco, 7*Cories, Farlowella cat)
crazie.eddie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-08-2007, 08:00 PM   #2
macclellan
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (208/100%)

I was just at my local petco and they are having $1 per gallon sale THIS weekend, not sure if it is nationwide though. 20% off accessories too.
macclellan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-08-2007, 08:08 PM   #3
Blacksunshine
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (75/100%)

Its a bi annual thing IIRC. and most all stores honor the sale. however last time thru I noticed that none of my local stores bothered to get any decent tanks in stock leading up to the sale. So all that was avalible were a few standard 50 gallons and small tanks. Also the sale only includes tanks 55gal or smaller. Tho that does mean that their expensive 54gal corner tank is included in this sale, Most of the stores don't carry that one in stock. As well I think the bowfronts are excluded from the sale at any size and of course 10gal and under are also excluded. since the 10 gals are normally priced at around 11 bucks anyways so thats not such a big deal.
Stands on the other hand are expected to be jacked up in price to make up for the losses on the tanks.
Blacksunshine is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-08-2007, 08:14 PM   #4
macclellan
Planted Tank Guru

I specifically asked if the price applied to the 75g and 120g they had in stock, they said yes. I hope they aren't planning on weaseling out, bc. I am buying the 75g tomorrow!
Old 02-08-2007, 08:14 PM   #5
conduct
►◊ ◊◄

PTrader: (23/100%)
Send a message via MSN to conduct Send a message via Yahoo to conduct

Quote:
Originally Posted by macclellan View Post
I was just at my local petco and they are having $1 per gallon sale THIS weekend, not sure if it is nationwide though. 20% off accessories too.
Was this info from in the store or did you hear this from someone on the inside?
Old 02-08-2007, 08:56 PM   #6
SCMurphy
PT Biologist

PTrader: (4/100%)

SuperPetz
Misc. Fish Tank Sale!

Regular Price: varies
Special Price: $1 Per Gallon

$1 Per Gallon Fish Tank Sale
February 9,10, 11 Only!
20 High, 20 Long, 29, 55, and 75 gallon Black only

This special runs from 02/04/2007 to 02/17/2007

Aquascape? I'm a crypt farmer.

It's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore looking like an idiot.

That IS an aquascape, it's titled "The Vacant Lot".
SCMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-08-2007, 11:41 PM   #7
Blacksunshine
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (75/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by macclellan View Post
I specifically asked if the price applied to the 75g and 120g they had in stock, they said yes. I hope they aren't planning on weaseling out, bc. I am buying the 75g tomorrow!
Don't take their word for it. Last sale I got them to let me take a peek at the list of all the tanks that the sale applied to. the cap was at 55gal. They used to do the sale on the bigger tanks (from what an ex employee told me) but I guess they were loosin too much on the big ones. So they revised the sale and limited the tank size. You might wanna double check and ask to see the sale sheet before getting your hopes up and expect to take home a big tank. If they removed the cap this time around sweet. But again don't expect them to stock up on big tanks. Only stock on hand.
Blacksunshine is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-08-2007, 11:54 PM   #8
crazie.eddie
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (8/100%)
Send a message via ICQ to crazie.eddie Send a message via AIM to crazie.eddie Send a message via MSN to crazie.eddie Send a message via Yahoo to crazie.eddie

PetCo is a bit sneaky also. I remember a few days before, I saw a 40 gallon breeder. I called the day of the sale and said they did not have any 40 gallon breeders. A few days after the sale, I stopped by to pick up some other stuff, I saw the 40 gallon breeder there. So I'm assuming, they hide some of their unique tanks until after the sale. I was thinking of going there a week before their sale starts and buy a unique sized tank at regular cost, then come back again during the sale and ask for a refund of the balance from the sale, which I'm sure they will do. It's a pain, but it's more of a pain driving around stores looking for unique sized tanks, when I know the local one has it in stock.
125 gal (473 liter): Low Tech (1.5wpg PC for 10 hours, no CO2/ferts, gravel substrate), Equipment (72" Coralife PC, Eheim Pro II 2128 w/built in heater, FilStar XP3 w/Hydor ETH201 inline heater), Fish (6*Discus, 2*Angel, 5*Clown loaches, 4*L-018 Gold Nugget pleco, 1*L-260 Queen Arabesque pleco, 7*Cories, Farlowella cat)
crazie.eddie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2007, 01:55 AM   #9
macclellan
Planted Tank Guru

well, I asked an employee about the price on a 75g. He said "wait till the weekend, everything $1 a gallon." Maybe they are deceptive, but I'll only say that after they deny me the tank tomorrow. I saw at least 3 75g tanks in stock and a 120. I'd be surprised if they were all gone. Aquaria is not a very big hobby here down in tenn-uh-see.
Old 02-10-2007, 03:45 AM   #10
aquarium boy
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)

does this count for all petco's? i live down here in chattanooga and looking around for a 75-120 gallon tank but cant find any for less than 600$
even on CL. i have two around my area that i can check out one of which i know carrys 120 and 150 gallon tanks so i'll see tomorow or sunday.
aquarium boy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-2007, 03:26 PM   #11
macclellan
Planted Tank Guru

doesn't apply to anything over 75g I think.
Old 08-12-2007, 08:26 AM   #12
epicfish
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (266/100%)

bump. Anyone heard anything about another sale sometime soon? =p
epicfish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-12-2007, 08:35 AM   #13
Haeun
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (14/100%)

Yea, I need a new 55 or 75 gallon tank...
Old 08-12-2007, 09:03 AM   #14
epicfish
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (266/100%)

I need a 30g cube. :P
epicfish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-12-2007, 09:07 AM   #15
Haeun
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (14/100%)

They have those at Petco?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.