Best Aquarium/Fish Shops in SC - Page 2
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > South Carolina

Old 08-09-2008, 10:04 PM   #16
cjordan525
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Best Aquarium/Fish Shops in SC

Well nocrapman your right I just went and checked out Fintastic in Char. Nice place, their plants could take a little more care but they have alot more than most shops. $$$$$ are needed thou, they are high.
I am a regular visitor of FishyBusiness they are very helpful and take care of what they have, They lean more towards saltwater and less on the planted aquaria, most shops do these days. I would love to find that hole in the wall fish shop that is still old school and not try to rip you a new one. It baffels me everytime I walk into one and their trying to charge double for something you can get at Doc F&S and never leave the house.
cjordan525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-14-2008, 04:18 PM   #17
prjct92eh2
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (29/100%)

If you're in Greenville, Petland on Woodruff road isn't too bad. They have a pretty good selection of fish, but not too many plants other than the usual swords. Fish prices are decent. Fish wise they have everything from goldfish to discus, they even have olive neritie snails and shrimp sometimes.
prjct92eh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 10:19 PM   #18
Clemsons2k
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (4/100%)

Petland has a nice selection but their quality isn't the best The place I've been going to is Scales and Tails in Easley. The guy who runs the place knows what hes talking about and is very nice and helpful. They'll special order anything they don't have in stock and take great care of their fish. Also have a good selection of live plants.
Old 06-06-2009, 12:25 AM   #19
jflng
PTO

PTrader: (83/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishytales12345 View Post
Has anyone experience with any of the stores in the Myrtle Beach area?
Animal Supply House in North Myrtle Beach is......OK. Their prices are a bit high. Sometimes their stocklist is better than others. I think the fish department would be in much better shape if their main fish guy had more control over it. It can't match some of the other stores mentioned here, but it might be worth checking out.
jflng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 12:26 AM   #20
Gad
Planted Tank Obsessed

We don't shop in Myrtle Beach since they banned people who ride motorcycles.
Eheim Pimp Club Member #287

Gad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 12:42 AM   #21
prjct92eh2
Planted Tank Obsessed

Has anybody found a shop in the upstate that carries excel for less than $17 a 500mL bottle?
Old 06-06-2009, 01:03 AM   #22
jflng
PTO

PTrader: (83/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gad View Post
We don't shop in Myrtle Beach since they banned people who ride motorcycles.
I don't think the new rules applied to North Myrtle, but I could be wrong. I don't blame you anyway. You aren't missing out on anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prjct92eh2 View Post
Has anybody found a shop in the upstate that carries excel for less than $17 a 500mL bottle?
You can order it for a lot less than that.
jflng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 01:38 AM   #23
prjct92eh2
Planted Tank Obsessed

yeah i know, that's what i usually do. It's just a lot more convenient if it's the only thing i need to find somewhere local. I'm willing to pay a little more to have it instantly and not pay for shipping. Maybe i'll just by the 3 liter size next time, haha.
Old 06-06-2009, 01:54 AM   #24
paulrw
Planted Tank Obsessed

Send a message via Skype™ to paulrw

i live in myrtle beach all we have is animal supply with the same stock for 2 years and dwindling fish stock and coastline pets which caters mostly to saltwater and very little planted tank supplies anyone know of anywere good with in a hour or so drive please share also the helmet law only applies to inside the "city limits" of myrtle beach
paulrw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 03:28 PM   #25
Fishytales12345
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)

There is a new aquatic store recently opened in Southport, NC. It is freshwater only and has about 200 tanks of FW species. Very limited on plants at this time, but the owner is looking to add more as the store grows.

Fish World Aquarium & Gifts
8128 River Road
Southport, NC 28461
910-363-4091

Regards to all,
Old 07-21-2009, 10:28 AM   #26
prjct92eh2
Planted Tank Obsessed

Petland in Greenville is having a inventory reduction sale this week. 25% off equipment and freshwater fish. They even had CPD's as of yesterday! Dude said they are getting a new shipment of fish Wednesday and the sale goes until Sunday.
Old 07-22-2009, 12:42 PM   #27
Clemsons2k
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (4/100%)

Yea I saw their sale. Had some pretty good stuff in stock. Even saw an electric blue ram in one of their tanks. I was soooooo close to buying it.
Old 08-07-2009, 02:34 AM   #28
paulrw
Planted Tank Obsessed

Send a message via Skype™ to paulrw

i just got back from north Charleston where i attended the u.s.food show while i was there i stop by 2 aquarium stores; age of aquariums in Charleston and tideline aquatics.
age of aquariums was sub par i was disappointed. tideline aquatics was great! its what you wished your lfs could be knowledgeable and interested staff clean tanks and good selection good prices and i met a Hikari rep who gave me a free sample of their new shrimp cuisine. the shops in hanahan SC. about 15 min from n.Charleston if your ever in the area i would stop in a++
paulrw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 04:45 PM   #29
tgt98

Default best Fish Shop in Myrtle Beach

You should try Sea Critters in North Myrtle Beach. It's all saltwater but it amazing. He had a large supply of corals and fish. Bruce is very knowledgeable and extremely friendly. He'll pack the stuff really good if you have to travel with the items you purchased. Go by there everytime I'm at the beach. He maintains a large number of tanks at the beach including the one in the Bass Pro Shop. Great store, Great Stuff
tgt98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 04:47 PM   #30
tgt98

Default new store in Camden

there is also a new store in Camden CT Aquatics. Great store even greater prices. No one around can beat their prices. They guys are very knowledgeable and friendly. Carry both fresh and salt water fish and corals.
tgt98 is offline   Reply With Quote