Best Aquarium/Fish Shops in SC
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > South Carolina

Old 08-17-2007, 12:24 PM   #1
blazer
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Thumbs up

Best Aquarium/Fish Shops in SC

Hello all,

Does anyone know of a store in SC that carries Eco-Complete in stock?

Also, I'm find it hard to find a really good selection of high quality fish and products in this state with good prices.

I have been to Fintastic in Charlotte - the best setup in NC or SC I've seen so far. They have lots of live plants and equipment. Their prices are $$$$ though.

There is Fishy Business in Columbia. They are the best store as far as selection of plants and marine fish in SC that I've seen. They are $$$.

There is Pet Smart that has a lot of sick fish, and decent quality hardware, but they really aren't a super store when it comes to fish equipment stock. But the prices are $.

Any suggestions?
blazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-17-2007, 03:24 PM   #2
nocrapman
Algae Grower

PTrader: (6/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazer View Post
Hello all,

Does anyone know of a store in SC that carries Eco-Complete in stock?

Also, I'm find it hard to find a really good selection of high quality fish and products in this state with good prices.

I have been to Fintastic in Charlotte - the best setup in NC or SC I've seen so far. They have lots of live plants and equipment. Their prices are $$$$ though.

There is Fishy Business in Columbia. They are the best store as far as selection of plants and marine fish in SC that I've seen. They are $$$.

There is Pet Smart that has a lot of sick fish, and decent quality hardware, but they really aren't a super store when it comes to fish equipment stock. But the prices are $.

Any suggestions?
There is a very nice fish store in Charleston. It's located on Sam Rittenberg Blvd. I forget the name. The have a great stock of marine livestock. They also have a decent, well kept collection of FW fish and plants. The plants are limited and sell out soon, but if you call them, you can setup a good time/day to maximise ur visit. The best part about this store is very friendly and knowledgeble staff. They are not pushy at all. And yes they have ECOCOMPlete $29.99, if I remember correctly.
I can get you more details, if u r unable to find them on the internet.
nocrapman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 05:04 PM   #3
blazer
Algae Grower

I ended up driving from Columbia to Charleston to Tideline Aquatics they had a very nice set up with lots of fresh water fish and plants.

The other store on Same Rittneberg was Age of Aquariums. I stopped by there as well...it was alright, but for those who are looking for a shop in the Charleston area Tideline had a much better selection.
Old 08-20-2007, 04:02 AM   #4
awinslo
Algae Grower

PTrader: (5/100%)

I agree with Blazer... Live about 30 min away from both of those places and I like Tideline Aquatics... www.tidelineaquatics.net
awinslo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 04:08 PM   #5
BentZero
Planted Member

PTrader: (2/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nocrapman View Post
There is a very nice fish store in Charleston. It's located on Sam Rittenberg Blvd. I forget the name. The have a great stock of marine livestock. They also have a decent, well kept collection of FW fish and plants. The plants are limited and sell out soon, but if you call them, you can setup a good time/day to maximise ur visit. The best part about this store is very friendly and knowledgeble staff. They are not pushy at all. And yes they have ECOCOMPlete $29.99, if I remember correctly.
I can get you more details, if u r unable to find them on the internet.
Age of aquariums is on Sam Rittenberg. That is by far not the best store in Charleston. No one that I've run across beats Tideline in terms of livestock, drystock, and staff.
BentZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 12:21 AM   #6
psybock
Planted Member

Default The shops

Tideline, followed by AoA are the 2 best in the local area. Extremely Fishy is not a desirable store. I don't know if they are still open but they have very little drygoods, and their livestock is limited, with over 60% of their tanks usually empty. Lastly, the staff doesn't seem all that knowledgeable.
Old 12-08-2007, 09:27 PM   #7
mikeb210
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (17/100%)

Anyone in the Sumter, SC or Shaw AFB area should check out "A Fish Store" on Rast St., right behind the Sumter Mall. Its well ran and very knowledgeable when it comes to all things aquaria. Fresh and salt water.
mikeb210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 07:58 PM   #8
Destinee
Planted Member

Does anyone know of any good stores in or around greenville s.c.???????? I have been to petland and all the petsmarts, the plant selection sux. SO I need to find some more good stores.
Old 04-13-2008, 11:01 PM   #9
Gad
Planted Tank Obsessed

Fishy Business is Columbia has been around for a while. I've seen many LFS's come and go around here and these guys remain. The staff I believe are all part owners and they know their stuff.

I use to get some of my Discus there. They do have high prices but that's the price you pay for quality and knowledge.
Eheim Pimp Club Member #287

Gad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 12:06 PM   #10
blazer
Algae Grower

Have you been to Fishy Business lately..by the looks of it, it's going out of business..

They used to have plants, but their plant tank is just filled with a bunch of algae

Best off just going to PetSmart for freshwater Items
Old 07-02-2008, 01:49 PM   #11
Gad
Planted Tank Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazer View Post
Have you been to Fishy Business lately..by the looks of it, it's going out of business..

They used to have plants, but their plant tank is just filled with a bunch of algae

Best off just going to PetSmart for freshwater Items

Yes, just a few weeks ago. They had plants then. I bought 6 dwarf cory cats.

Lets face it, SC is not big on tropical fish as a hobby. Any store here is only going to stock supply to meet demand. Petsmart is going to stop selling all live tropicals according to their corporate office.

Old 07-04-2008, 07:54 PM   #12
customdrumfinishes
are you experienced?

PTrader: (108/98%)

ill say now dont go to pet lovers in florence sc, its the worst fish store in sc lol
customdrumfinishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 08:00 PM   #13
Gad
Planted Tank Obsessed

Went to the new Walmart in Lexington and picked up some freshwater shrimp, two angels, and two shubunkins for my pond. They actually have a few people working their that know their fish. Can't beat the prices.

Old 07-09-2008, 01:34 AM   #14
pawslover
Algae Grower

I've always enjoyed Fishy Business in Columbia when I've had a chance to stop by. Also a big fan of Tideline Aquatics in the lowcounty. For upstate LFS, check out Ocean's Floor in Greenville or Pet World on the north side of Spartanburg.
pawslover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 01:38 AM   #15
Fishytales12345
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)

Has anyone experience with any of the stores in the Myrtle Beach area?