A few questions on rams
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Fish

Old 02-12-2004, 08:47 PM   #1
Verminaard
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)

I have a question wether or not I should add a few more pairs of rams to my show tank. After spawning with these two juvenile rams, the male will chase and nip after the female incessantly for about 2-3 days. After about 3 or 4 spawnings now it seems to be getting worse. I have plently of places for her to hide from him(72g planted), however, he seems vigilant on his attacks. She doesnt show any visible signs of stress. My question is, if I were to add a couple more pairs of rams could that alleviate the chasing of the female? Would I be better off adding a few more females to avert his attention? I know that rams are pair bonded so I would not think this would help. I also would like to know if congo tetras would be suitable tankmates for rams. The size alone is my concern, as I dont want to stress them in any way. Thanks
Verminaard is offline   Reply With Quote