Just Moved back!
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > Florida

Old 01-31-2014, 03:53 AM   #1
Macdre

PTrader: (0/0%)

Just Moved back!

I just moved back from Dallas, and I find the lack of quality LFS depressing... Where I was in Dallas I had many LFS, local clubs, and breeders to rely on for supplies and livestock. Ive been searching for local forums and have not found any, however I did just discover that this sub forum on here seems to be pretty active! Can anyone recommend some LFS that are decent. I have been to Marine Warehouse a few times, but I am not impressed. Also, I am needing to buy some shrimp for my tank, are there any breeders that have stock available. I really hope I can find some here and not have to order them. With all the crazy weather happening up north and such, I do not want to risk shipping livestock right now.
Macdre is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2014, 12:00 PM   #2
DarkWater Aquatics
Shrimp Tamer

PTrader: (5/100%)

Yup, got me some shrimp, homegrown, mostly neos. PM me with whatcha looking for. In the meantime, welcome back to the "sunshine" state!
Old 02-01-2014, 03:53 AM   #3
II Knucklez II
Planted Member

PTrader: (7/100%)

Welcome back! There is a planted aquarium store in Ft. Lauderdale http://www.theplantedaquariumstore.net/ but there prices are high of course since its a store compared to getting them on here but DarkWater has some nice shrimp. The planted aquarium store does have a lot to offer thou!

I usually have Painted Fire Red and Crystal Red shrimp for sale but not at the moment. Might start breeding PRL as well in the future
II Knucklez II is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 01:51 PM   #4
Macdre

Quote:
Originally Posted by II Knucklez II View Post
Welcome back! There is a planted aquarium store in Ft. Lauderdale http://www.theplantedaquariumstore.net/ but there prices are high of course since its a store compared to getting them on here but DarkWater has some nice shrimp. The planted aquarium store does have a lot to offer thou!

I usually have Painted Fire Red and Crystal Red shrimp for sale but not at the moment. Might start breeding PRL as well in the future
Yea I spoke with Darkwater and He is going to be shipping me some on Tuesday. Glad I came on this site before I tried to get the from a LFS.
Old 02-03-2014, 07:50 PM   #5
gSTiTcH
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (5/100%)

Same story in Jacksonville. No reputable LFS, even less love for planted tanks.
RAOK Club #105

Pay It Forward, Further the Community!

It's CO2. See-Oh-Two. Not C02 (see-zero-two).
gSTiTcH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 08:18 PM   #6
greenteam
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (11/100%)

There's a guy in Margate that has a great selection of shrimp he breeds. He goes by the name Hansypatty1968 on aquabid. With him you have no worry about weather lol and I personally seen his collection and it's really good.
Old 02-03-2014, 08:55 PM   #7
Macdre

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenteam View Post
There's a guy in Margate that has a great selection of shrimp he breeds. He goes by the name Hansypatty1968 on aquabid. With him you have no worry about weather lol and I personally seen his collection and it's really good.
Ok cool, I will have to check for his listings. I always feel better about buying online when someone can vouch for them,