Clown Loaches
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Fish

Old 02-11-2004, 04:00 AM   #1
Alec
Planted Member

PTrader: (2/100%)

Hi,
I have some clown loaches in my tank. The loaches have been in the tank for about 4 days now and all they do is hide, they wont even come out during eating time just sit in there and eat what comes in the cave. This is aggrivating because i love loaches and seeing them active but all these guys do are hide in my wood. They go in this hole that I NEVER NEW EXisted!@!@!@. These buggars go everywhere i dont want them to go. I see one he usaly sits under the wood, but i never see all 3 of them. im starting to wonder if my 3rd is dead.
Alec is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-11-2004, 01:44 PM   #2
GulfCoastAquarian
Planted Tank VIP

PTrader: (6/100%)
Send a message via ICQ to GulfCoastAquarian Send a message via Yahoo to GulfCoastAquarian

Don't fret, Alec. I've had my Clown Loaches for almost three years and they have weeks where I will hardly ever see them, except at feeding time, and then there are days that they are swimming back and forth constantly. They can be the most active fish in my tank at times. As long as they are eating, things are good.
One thing you can do to encourage them to come out more often is add more hiding spots. Yes, more! When I was young, I would freak out over my fish constantly hiding and I would destroy the caves they discovered to keep them from hiding. This would make them hide even more. The safer they feel, with more opportunities to hide, the more brave they will become.
Plus, they've only been in the tank for four days! They're ok. If they stop eating, then you can worry.
Old 02-11-2004, 09:14 PM   #3
Alec
Planted Member

PTrader: (2/100%)

There are only 2 i see at feeding time and at that they dont even come out of the cave to eat, they just sit in there and eat food that comes in. I have 2 caves i at the end and another at the opposite, its plated also. If hes dead, then ill never know.... ill have a rotting fish in my cave :x
Alec is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.