Clown Loaches
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Fish

Old 02-10-2004, 10:19 PM   #1
Alec
Planted Member

PTrader: (2/100%)

Hi,
My clown loaches always seem to get themselves into the tightest holes and get themselves stuck, It always aggrivates me because one of my big laoches got stuck inside the rock and to get him out i had to take the rock out and rip open the top super quick to get him out. SUGGESTIONS TO STOP THIS!!!!

Plus they found this one hole i never even saw AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!@!@! :twisted: :evil: :evil: :twisted: :idea: :roll: :twisted: ops:
Alec is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-11-2004, 01:55 PM   #2
GulfCoastAquarian
Planted Tank VIP

PTrader: (6/100%)
Send a message via ICQ to GulfCoastAquarian Send a message via Yahoo to GulfCoastAquarian

It wouldn't surprise me if your Loach was not stuck at all. They have a tendency to "fake dead" and wedge themselves into a corner pretty often. Make sure that he is stuck for at least half a day before reaching in and potentially stressing him by dislodging the rock.
Old 02-11-2004, 02:45 PM   #3
unirdna
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (3/100%)

I've had the same experience as Gulfcoast. I've never seen a clown loach get into a hole it couldn't get out of. Your attempt to help the loach probably spooked him further into wanting to stay in that spot. Also, as Gulf mentioned, they like to lie down. And while they are taking a rest, they frequently make minor swimming movements. I think they are just trying to get comfortable . But to someone not familiar with their behavior, this could appear to make them look stuck. My two fellas 'sleep' together for hours at a time, and can slip through cracks that look way to small for their big fat heads.
unirdna is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-11-2004, 09:12 PM   #4
Alec
Planted Member

No i knew they were stuck becuase he dissapeared for about 4 days and never ate, plus my loaches were about 4 inches long. I have not looked for my loaches yet but if i do see that their stuck i will have to make adjustments to my tank
Old 02-11-2004, 10:15 PM   #5
GDominy
Planted Tank VIP

PTrader: (0/0%)

heh heh.. I have had a few problems with Clown loaches getting stuck. Your only real option is to arrange your tank decor in a way that prevents them from getting somewhere they cant get out of.

I went through 36 hours of original design with the slate in my 135 gallon tank for my loaches..
GDominy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2004, 12:02 AM   #6
Alec
Planted Member

hehehe, ya i think ill play to do that with my loaches

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.