New and improved PT.net Plant Database ~ need submissions!
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Plants

Old 07-16-2007, 05:56 PM   #1
CampCreekTexas
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (26/100%)

New and improved PT.net Plant Database ~ need submissions!

Kyle worked long and hard on revamping the Fish and Plant Databases here on the Planted Tank. They now have a clean, fresh look and are much more user friendly. Take a look ~ they're now accessible from the "Fish Profiles" and "Plant Profiles" links at the top of each page. All of the profiles from the old databases have been moved into them, but they still need more profiles.

Here's where you come in...

If you have a good photo of a fish or plant, upload it! If you don't see a profile listed for your particular fish or plant, add it! If you don't know the details about the fish or plant, do a quick Google search and compare two or three sites' information to make sure the info you're adding is accurate. It's easy! If you don't want to go to the trouble of adding a new profile, but have photos you won't mind being posted, PM them to me and I'll do the legwork.

Don't have any photos? You can still help! Look up some fish or plants you have experience with and add a comment to as many as you like. Real experience from real people is what will make these databases invaluable resources for new and old aquarists alike.

If anybody has any questions about this ~ what to add, how to add it, etc. ~ feel free to post here or PM me. I'll be glad to help you any way I can.
How many watts do I need to make my swimming pool a high light tank?

CampCreekTexas is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-16-2007, 06:47 PM   #2
jrs
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (2/100%)

This is much better! When I sell plants to other aquarists who are new or relatively new to planted tanks I always print out species sheets for them.

I really like the comments from different people and their varied experiences. Thank You for doing this.
jrs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-16-2007, 09:00 PM   #3
KnaveTO
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Yes thank-you all for your hardwork and dedication to thei project. I will be sure to add information and pictures as I have them.
My 65 gal Tank Parameters & Stock
My 65 gal Tall Tank Parameters & Stock
KnaveTO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-17-2007, 10:05 PM   #4
CampCreekTexas
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (26/100%)

Thanks, but I've hardly done anything, y'all. It was Kyle that spent weeks on coding it and Wasser, Yoink and Wolffen that moved the vast majority of the info over from the old databases into the new. So I'm here playing "cheerleader" to take up some of my slack.

Thanks y'all for adding to it, too! Even if you only have time to do a comment one day, a photo a few days later ~ it'll all add up!
How many watts do I need to make my swimming pool a high light tank?

CampCreekTexas is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-20-2007, 02:44 AM   #5
tusk
Planted Member

PTrader: (1/100%)

I just wanted to say thanks for the work. It looks good. It's always nice to have a good database of plants and this fits the bill.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.