Glitchy Single Ramp Timer
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Sponsors > Current-USA and Ecoxotic

Old 11-30-2013, 06:17 PM   #1
Dizzle
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Glitchy Single Ramp Timer

i know im not the only one with the strobeing issue because iv read multiple threads with no one from current answering them.

now let me start by saying i have a 48" current SAT+ over a non planted tank with a single ramp timer (was going to wait for the dual, glad i didnt after reading the misleading ramp pro thread). the fish i keep are skittish and do not like bright lights so i run my SAT+ at about 50% brightness. i dont screw around with any of the corny lightning/cloud settings and i just leave it on the 50% output that me and my fish like.

now im not awake to catch the ramp up/ramp down all the time but the first night i set up my single ramp timer pro during the ramp down my lights were strobeing really bad (i think the dimmer the leds are being ran the more strobeing) and my fish and my wife were all freaking out. the couple mornings that i caught the ramp up (about 10 min into it) i looked at the tank and it had automatically set its self to a lightning storm this is happened twice. i didnt let the ramp up finish before manually setting it my preferred setting. after the ramp up was complete it may have just set itself into the mode that was last used, not sure. but like i said i usually wake up after the ramp up is complete and the light is just the way i left it the night before.

do you guys even do quality control before the products leave your warehouse? i would just send this junk back but living in Canada it is just not worth it.

Last edited by Dizzle; 11-30-2013 at 06:23 PM.. Reason: typos
Dizzle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2013, 07:03 PM   #2
Dobie Swift
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzle View Post
i know im not the only one with the strobeing issue because iv read multiple threads with no one from current answering them.

now let me start by saying i have a 48" current SAT+ over a non planted tank with a single ramp timer (was going to wait for the dual, glad i didnt after reading the misleading ramp pro thread). the fish i keep are skittish and do not like bright lights so i run my SAT+ at about 50% brightness. i dont screw around with any of the corny lightning/cloud settings and i just leave it on the 50% output that me and my fish like.

now im not awake to catch the ramp up/ramp down all the time but the first night i set up my single ramp timer pro during the ramp down my lights were strobeing really bad (i think the dimmer the leds are being ran the more strobeing) and my fish and my wife were all freaking out. the couple mornings that i caught the ramp up (about 10 min into it) i looked at the tank and it had automatically set its self to a lightning storm this is happened twice. i didnt let the ramp up finish before manually setting it my preferred setting. after the ramp up was complete it may have just set itself into the mode that was last used, not sure. but like i said i usually wake up after the ramp up is complete and the light is just the way i left it the night before.

do you guys even do quality control before the products leave your warehouse? i would just send this junk back but living in Canada it is just not worth it.
Dimming the Satellite LED+ is not on the supported list for the ramp timers. They only support On/Off for this very reason. See Current-USA's website for verification:

http://www.current-usa.com/accessori...gle-ramp-timer
Old 12-01-2013, 12:25 AM   #3
Dizzle
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobie Swift View Post
Dimming the Satellite LED+ is not on the supported list for the ramp timers. They only support On/Off for this very reason. See Current-USA's website for verification:

http://www.current-usa.com/accessori...gle-ramp-timer
i might of missed it but i don't see anything talking about dimming on that page. you can have it set to your basic on off using F2 setting or have it ramp up/down using F1 setting its doesnt say anywhere the led's have to be full blast. i would also like somebody to explain why it ramps up in lightning mode?? Preferably someone from Current thanks.
Old 12-01-2013, 01:44 AM   #4
Dobie Swift
Algae Grower

Also... http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/sh...5&postcount=15
Old 12-01-2013, 04:33 AM   #5
Dizzle
Algae Grower

it ramps up/down fine when the leds are at full output. do you work for current bud?
read the comments/glitchy
Old 12-04-2013, 10:30 PM   #6
Current USA
Sponsor

hey guys! yes, the ramp timer is not compatible with the Satellite plus as we thought it would be. It will cause quite a bit of flickering as you all mentioned. however, it does work when the light is not dimmed.

It's been crazy busy and I've been out of the office for 2 weeks. Sorry we did not make this announcement here earlier!

Follow us on facebook! https://www.facebook.com/CurrentUSA
Current USA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.