My ebi needs an eheim/ help
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Planted Nano Tanks

Old 11-29-2013, 01:52 AM   #1
second
Algae Grower

PTrader: (11/100%)
Smile

My ebi needs an eheim/ help

Hey all
looking for some advice, I have had an ebi set up now for a month, planted with dhg and a little C. Undulata at the back. I thought at first I could live with the internal filter but now I hate seeing it in the tank. I am thinking of getting an Eheim 2211 or 2213. I have no experience with this brand and need to find out the following

Can the inflow be throttled back? I dont want my shrimp to feel like they are in a hurricane.

I would also like to get lilly pipes, have no idea about size or glass vs plastic?

Does anyone make a stainless steel pre filter for lilly pipes? dont want the shrimpies sucked up into the filter

If you've gone down this road please help.
second is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-09-2013, 01:48 AM   #2
tylergvolk
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (12/100%)

Hey, I have a Eheim 2213 on an EBI.

Yes, it can be throttled back.

Pipe size on the 2213 is 12mm.

I'm using green Eheim Pipes

You can buy stainless streel prefilters in the sales forum. I believe H4N makes and sells them. Otherwise you can pick up a Fluval Foam one at petco for a few bucks.

I've been down this road before and here is what I have concluded from my experience. The Eheim 2213 does a great job filtering the EBI and since I only keep shirmp and snails it really really really over filtering...

Another note, I had to purchase the curved outake lily pipe seperatley.

Another note, you throttle down by just turning one of the hose shuttoffs part way.

It's been working great for me and I've had it going for almost a year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by second View Post
Hey all
looking for some advice, I have had an ebi set up now for a month, planted with dhg and a little C. Undulata at the back. I thought at first I could live with the internal filter but now I hate seeing it in the tank. I am thinking of getting an Eheim 2211 or 2213. I have no experience with this brand and need to find out the following

Can the inflow be throttled back? I dont want my shrimp to feel like they are in a hurricane.

I would also like to get lilly pipes, have no idea about size or glass vs plastic?

Does anyone make a stainless steel pre filter for lilly pipes? dont want the shrimpies sucked up into the filter

If you've gone down this road please help.
tylergvolk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 02:24 AM   #3
second
Algae Grower

PTrader: (11/100%)

Thanks for the reply, I did pick up the 2213 and am now working on a stand. Right now the tank is setup and running on top of a hutch in my dining room but I have decided to buy a piece of unfinished furniture http://millstores.com/categorydetail...133&sku=14-701 and convert it into a stand. I plan on drilling holes in the top and run the intake and outtake hoses up through the holes and connect them to lily pipes.

I'll post pics when its done.
second is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 05:52 AM   #4
tylergvolk
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (12/100%)

Neat!

Contact me if you have any ebi Ehiem 2213 specific questions.

Good luck on your build.

Quote:
Originally Posted by second View Post
Thanks for the reply, I did pick up the 2213 and am now working on a stand. Right now the tank is setup and running on top of a hutch in my dining room but I have decided to buy a piece of unfinished furniture http://millstores.com/categorydetail...133&sku=14-701 and convert it into a stand. I plan on drilling holes in the top and run the intake and outtake hoses up through the holes and connect them to lily pipes.

I'll post pics when its done.
tylergvolk is online now   Reply With Quote