Planted+ and DHG
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Sponsors > Finnex / Schuber Wright

Old 11-19-2013, 04:41 PM   #1
PhilthyMcnasty
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)

Planted+ and DHG

I got the 30" Planted+ hanging about 17" from the substrate on a 29 gallon with pressurized CO2. Would this be able to grow DHG or Glasso?
PhilthyMcnasty is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2013, 07:00 PM   #2
Veritas
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (5/100%)

I too look forward to seeing PAR values for the fixture. I'm not especially happy with my 36" Quad T5HO (puts off too much heat!) and want to possibly replace it with a 48" or comparable Planted+ , but don't want my DHG to melt. I have a 92g Corner that is quite tall though, so need something pretty powerful i'd say?
Veritas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 11:06 PM   #3
Sluuuder
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (8/100%)

I have heard that the planted + will be plenty enough light for DHG. I ordered a 20" and 24" today. I have DHG planted in my 10 gallon and it should be plenty enough to grow it especially when you have pressurized co2
Sluuuder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 01:49 AM   #4
attackonthebass
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

I recently purchased a 30" planted + and i've been running it about a week now with pressurized Co2 and my plants are starting to look a lot better. As far as growth goes, the only noticable plant that I've seen change dramatically is my amazon sword. It has taken off since I've added the planted plus.

I'm still running my Aquaeon T5 as well, not sure if this is too much light? I plan on getting rid of it or moving it to a different tank.

I'm wondering now if I should have just purchased the regular fugeray? My LFS just has the regular one and it seems a lot brighter than the planted plus. I know people swear by the red spectrum but I guess time will tell

Sorry for rambling, but I do love this Finnex. I was going to buy a beamswork which would have covered the entire top of the tank, I think I made the right choice.
attackonthebass is offline   Reply With Quote