Natures Cove Pet Center
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > New Jersey

Old 11-18-2013, 02:58 PM   #1
babydragons
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (6/100%)

Natures Cove Pet Center

So the boyfriend and I happened across a little gem while out and about in the newton nj area on Saturday. Natures Cove Pet Center is a great little place owned by two hilarious guys. We new it would be a good place as soon as we walked up to the door. In the display window, they had a very large rhino iguana. Great looking little guy named Igor gave my boyfriend quite the start as he bent to take a picture. Igor decided to jump at the glass!

Inside, the walls are hand painted with different animals and everything is very clean. They had a great selection of fluval products that we had never seen before and one of fluvals brand new tanks that one of the owers proudly showed off. For their reptiles and bunnies they have a great display faux rock wall in the middle of the store. It looks like all the animals found their own little hole in the rock to live in. It's very very well down and reminds me of something you would see at the zoo.

The fish selection was very nice. The saltwater tanks were the cleanest tanks I have ever seen. With a bare bottom, there was no build up of that brown goop that some saltwater tanks have and I didn't even see an inch of calcium buildup. The freshwater tanks were just as clean and all the fish looked extremely healthy and well fed with some rarer finds thrown in there.

Last but certainly not least they have some great looking tanks set up with some of their own critters. They have a very large snake in the back of the store with a great tank set up. Also by the counter they have a large tank with fish in the bottom and some black monitor with a curly tail that I can't remember the name for. But he was super cool too.

Long story short these guys love the hobby and show great passion forthwor store and the animals that they sell. I also over heard them educating someone on proper care for the animal they were planning on buying. I definitely recommend this great store to everyone.
babydragons is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2013, 06:55 PM   #2
Bushkill
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (0/0%)

I drive through Newton every so often and stop there if I have the time. The place may be the last of its' kind. An independent full-line pet store. And you describe it very well. It's run superbly.
Bushkill is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-01-2013, 11:52 PM   #3
Axelrodi202
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (20/100%)

How is the fw fish selection?
\_\
Axelrodi202 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-02-2013, 02:17 AM   #4
Bruce_S
Planted Member

That curly-tailed black monitor sounds as though it might be a black tree monitor? Looks a bit like a slender obsidian dragon??

Sounds like a nice place!

~Bruce
Bruce_S is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-02-2013, 02:35 AM   #5
Dave6265
Algae Grower

Sounds like a nice place... my buddy is getting into breeding ball pythons, and they seem to have a nice assortment of snakes. I think we'll take a trek out there next weekend.

It's nice to see these mom & pop places still around... support them people, or we'll be stuck with walmart styled pet stores!
Dave6265 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-02-2013, 08:07 PM   #6
Bushkill
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axelrodi202 View Post
How is the fw fish selection?
I would call and find out when they get deliveries, but they seem to cover the map pretty well for their size.
Old 12-02-2013, 08:07 PM   #7
Bushkill
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave6265 View Post

It's nice to see these mom & pop places still around... support them people, or we'll be stuck with walmart styled pet stores!
Amen!
Old 12-04-2013, 03:10 PM   #8
babydragons
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (6/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce_S View Post
That curly-tailed black monitor sounds as though it might be a black tree monitor? Looks a bit like a slender obsidian dragon??

Sounds like a nice place!

~Bruce
That is exactly what it is! It was awesome! One of the guys even stuck his hand in and made it run. It was so cool and he was pretty scary at the same time
babydragons is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.