Pet Supply Plus on Greensprings
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > Alabama

Old 06-11-2007, 02:52 PM   #1
foolish1
Algae Grower

PTrader: (2/100%)

Pet Supply Plus on Greensprings

If you live in the Bham area and are looking for plants or shrimp and dont want to pay "ED'S" prices, try the "Pet Supply Plus" on Greensprings next to Publix in Homewood. they dont have a great selection, but they can order just about anything. So far, i have gotten: java moss ($3.50), dwarf hairgrass ($2.99), and, Amano Shrimp ($.11, although they might have had them confused with ghost shrimp feeders). They are currently trying to get some "HC" for me. The store is pretty small; but, staff is pretty friendly. Even though they aren't the most knowledgeable, if you can name the plant or fish for them, they can usually order it. Also, they tend to have alot of oddball fish in stock like Ropefish, African butterfly fish, and, Electric Catfish, just to name a few.
foolish1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-11-2007, 04:40 PM   #2
JustOneMore21
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (65/100%)

That is awesome! Thanks for telling us about it. I've been wanting some Amano shrimp and even if they were like $3-4 each, I'd buy them. I might have to go there real soon....

My tank info page
JustOneMore21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 04:59 PM   #3
foolish1
Algae Grower

PTrader: (2/100%)

i ordered them as "algae eating shrimp" and gave them the scientific name also, cardinia japonica. for $.10, i'm thinking about getting another buck's worth for my 10gal betta tank.
also, i went by the Petsmart in Hoover (caddy-corner from the Galleria on Lorna/150), and saw that they have a pretty nice plant and fish display. one of the folks that worked there said she had a planted tank also, and seemed pretty savvy(of course i referred her to this forum). i'm not sure if they will special order, i got 2 different answers when i asked, but they did have an ok selection.
foolish1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 10:24 PM   #4
DeDeuce
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

I've been to that Petsmart and they do have a decent plant selection. They had some really nice red ludwigia. I did, however, also notice that they had some mondo grass they were selling as an aquatic. Apparently the girl you met there doesn't do the ordering

Thanks for the info!

--
Don
DeDeuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 12:56 AM   #5
JustOneMore21
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (65/100%)

Yep, I've seen the plants at Petsmart too and alot of them don't look very healthy (never really inspected them all though). And they do sell the Mondo grass....

I do buy alot of fish at Petsmart, as their tanks are super clean and fish are almost always healthy. They don't have anything too terribly hard to find though.

If ya'll live or go near the Pinson/Trussville area, I have shopped at Fish Peddler Pets and they usually have alot of nice fish....sometimes harder to find ones. I haven't been there in some time though....but just a place to stop by if you are in that area.

My tank info page
JustOneMore21 is offline   Reply With Quote