My newly planted Aqua one AR380 34 Litre Tank
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Tank Journals

Old 06-05-2007, 01:58 PM   #1
Monkster
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

My newly planted Aqua one AR380 34 Litre Tank

Hi, I've just set up the small 10G 2 weeks ago. My first attempt at a planted tank! Been dosing with Flourish Excel and Hagen Plant Gron iron enriched and the plants are doing well. Just bought a Hagen Nutrafin CO2 Natural Plant system and had a bit of a disaster (just about!) yesterday (search for Nutrafin CO2 problem on this forum) LOL.. oh well, I'm still learning! Re-trying it again tonight and let's see how it goes. Just one SAE in the tank and will add some more fish this weekend.

Tanks specs:

Dimensions:38 W x 46 H x 25 D cm
Lights: 1 x 18W PL lamps 6500k
Filtration: Powerhead 400/L 3 stage filtration with spraybar
Heating:55W Aqua One submersible
CO2: Hagen Nutrafin Ladder + canister with DIY yeast recipe

Plants: Java Ferns/moss tied to driftwood, crypt, dwarf sword, hairgrass, pink baby tears, lace ferns

Substrate: 3 parts black 1-2mm gravel mixed with 1 part brown 1-2 gravel, JBL fertilizer balls placed in grid fashion

Fish: one SAE, still deciding on what to add..leaning towards tetras or danios

Last edited by Monkster; 06-09-2007 at 08:28 AM..
Monkster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-05-2007, 03:34 PM   #2
duck
Planted Tank Obsessed

Nice little setup you have going.
Old 06-06-2007, 11:10 AM   #3
Monkster
Algae Grower

Thanks duck, nice to see another aussie on the forum here! So is there a pub here somewhere? lol
Got the Hagen CO2 system up and running but not detecting any change in CO2 ppm level as yet. My pH is 7.2 and kH is 3 degrees and CO2 is only 5.6ppm according to the calculator on Chuck's Planted page. What sort of levels of CO2 would I expect from this system? I know to aim for around 15ppm CO2 and the ladder is set on the middle rung. Would it be too much CO2 if I moved it to the lowest setting?
Old 06-06-2007, 11:40 AM   #4
SOLOMON
Algae Grower

Hey Monkster,
looks like your got a great tank there! You may find you get some inconsistant results with CO2 but if done correctly should boost your growth. Most people on the forum would be unfamiliar with your aquarium so it may be beneficial to post its equipment so people can help you out... What type of fish are you planning on adding?

Theres a "pub" in Ducks sig, check it out!
SOLOMON is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-06-2007, 03:15 PM   #5
Monkster
Algae Grower

Thanks Solomon. The planted tank is all new to me, this is actually my second AR380 unit (minus the matching stand) that I got off 2nd hand off Ebay for something like AUD30.00, the first unit I've been keeping goldfish successfully for the past 2 years, so I'd thought I'd give the planted freshwater tank a go. The Hagen CO2 unit has been running for 24 hrs now and it's kinda hypnotic watching those bubbles move up the ladder!
I've just replaced the original 11w compact fluoro with an 18W, now I've got to try to source some 6500K tubes, can't find it at Bunnings..any ideas on where to get them? (i'm in Melbourne btw)
Old 06-11-2007, 11:39 AM   #6
Monkster
Algae Grower

Some new pics of my tank, bought 1/2 dozen glowlight tetras, they look great against the plants and black background.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.