Sneak peak at the new plant light! - Page 4
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Sponsors > Current-USA and Ecoxotic

Old 12-17-2013, 02:44 PM   #46
Rudy
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Talking

Current USA, you have been taking a lot of negative feed back here. I'm one satisfied customer. So satisfied that I have 9, 48" Satellite + s in my fish room. I still use reg timers and might upgrade them in the future. This is one great fixture for an even better price. Keep up the good work. Thanks again
Rudy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-17-2013, 06:19 PM   #47
glennon
Algae Grower

I want to chime in similarly. I really like my 48" Satellite+. I'm getting good growth on my low tech tank. I have the single ramp timer, too. I may get the pro timer but I'm not sure. But, I do think what I have right now is a good product. I may get the light for planted tanks later but I don't even know that it's necessary. The + is a good fixture. I love being able to adjust it for different colors or for plant growth. It's nice to use the other settings when company comes over. Thanks for being responsive to customers.
75 gallon freshwater semi-Amazonian tank. Freshwater Satellite+, Filstar XP L, Eheim Jaeger 250W, Eco-Complete. Inhabitants: neon tetras, black skirt tetras, emerald corys, Amazon swords, cabomba furcata, dwarf sagittaria, red melon swords, narrow leaf swords, anubias nana.
glennon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-17-2013, 08:31 PM   #48
majerah1
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (6/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Current USA View Post
Simply fill in a warranty form on current-usa.com and we'll ship you a new one. =)

I'm curious to what you mean by "designed" for other fixtures. What additional functions are you looking for?
I will do, thanks!

I mean with your other fixtures, like the Orbit marine. I was basically just wanting the light to fade down into the moonlight then off. By what others are saying it cannot do that.

I personally am very satisfied with the fixture itself and if I didnt have to hunt a mate for my little guy I would be purchasing a second fixture for my 40 hex.The cloud cover is perfect to watch normal behavior from my mac since his natural habitat has trees hanging over so I know he would get the natural fade in and out if he were there. Makes me wonder how the angles would do with one

Eheim Pimp #475
majerah1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2013, 03:41 PM   #49
majerah1
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (6/100%)

Just wanted to post that I filled out the warranty information and they are sending another remote.

I feel that as far as customer support goes, you guys are one of the best. It was a very prompt response and I appreciate it. I know how busy it must be with the Holidays so very close.

I thank you from the bottom of my heart!

Eheim Pimp #475
majerah1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2013, 08:18 AM   #50
maxwellag
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (13/100%)

It's probably too late to matter now- if so, this is a suggestion for all of your future LED fixtures: please make them compatible with Neptune Apex Controllers.
maxwellag is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2014, 10:53 PM   #51
Current USA
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxwellag View Post
It's probably too late to matter now- if so, this is a suggestion for all of your future LED fixtures: please make them compatible with Neptune Apex Controllers.
Neptune controllers are unfortunately only 2 channel controls but our lights require 4 channel controls. if we made our lights 2 channels, it wouldn't be able to have all the functions it has now.

Follow us on facebook! https://www.facebook.com/CurrentUSA
Current USA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2014, 10:57 PM   #52
Current USA
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
Current USA, you have been taking a lot of negative feed back here. I'm one satisfied customer. So satisfied that I have 9, 48" Satellite + s in my fish room. I still use reg timers and might upgrade them in the future. This is one great fixture for an even better price. Keep up the good work. Thanks again
Hey Rudy, Thanks! Most of our customers love our lights like you. I think what's lacking is the computer/ 4 channel controls that we do not include. lights with 4 channel/ computer controls controls are typically $400+ like the aqua illumination lights and ecotech's radions. We'll leave it up to them to work with that. We like building affordable lights for people like yourself.

Old 01-02-2014, 10:59 PM   #53
Current USA
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennon View Post
I want to chime in similarly. I really like my 48" Satellite+. I'm getting good growth on my low tech tank. I have the single ramp timer, too. I may get the pro timer but I'm not sure. But, I do think what I have right now is a good product. I may get the light for planted tanks later but I don't even know that it's necessary. The + is a good fixture. I love being able to adjust it for different colors or for plant growth. It's nice to use the other settings when company comes over. Thanks for being responsive to customers.
Thank you for your support!

Old 01-02-2014, 11:00 PM   #54
Current USA
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by majerah1 View Post
Just wanted to post that I filled out the warranty information and they are sending another remote.

I feel that as far as customer support goes, you guys are one of the best. It was a very prompt response and I appreciate it. I know how busy it must be with the Holidays so very close.

I thank you from the bottom of my heart!
It's our pleasure! Yes, like I mentioned, if you contact our customer service, you will only get the best almost immediately!

Old 01-05-2014, 10:08 PM   #55
Christophe
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by majerah1 View Post
I was basically just wanting the light to fade down into the moonlight then off. By what others are saying it cannot do that.
The channel up/down buttons work, but not while you're running one of the special programs, the cloud cover/storm ones. The up/down buttons work within the preset solid color settings, i.e., the six solid color buttons at the top of the remote.

This stuff maybe should be highlighted a little better in the instructions, or a FAQ online, maybe it wouldn't throw people off so much.

I like the light and the adjustability/controllability of it. It lends itself really well to DIY automation with, say, an Arduino-based controller. While maybe this doesn't sell as many of the ramp timers Current-USA would like to be selling, I'll certainly be recommending the lights for people who want to do their own unique control routines.
Christophe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2014, 02:26 AM   #56
Texan78
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Current USA View Post
Neptune controllers are unfortunately only 2 channel controls but our lights require 4 channel controls. if we made our lights 2 channels, it wouldn't be able to have all the functions it has now.
This is not true. You are misunderstanding what Neptune is saying with they refer to only 2 channels. Channels meaning fixture channels, not color channels. Each channel is a fixture and one port can support two channels or 2 fixtures. VDM 1/2 is one port and depending on what Apex you have VDM 3/4 is one port.

The Apex firmware itself can handle multiple color channels per fixture and their new Fusion firmware update they are about to launch will make it even easier.

I am just not sure how it is so hard for Current USA to offer a VDM cable and driver to work with the Apex system. This is not a Neptune issue, this is a Current USA issue for not understanding how the Apex system works. BML has figured this out and their lights are not $400. $15 cable and their fixtures work perfectly with the Apex.

You have a fixture that has all the bells and whistles to be a good light with a sleek and low profile design. How hard is it to create a driver and offer a cable to plug into the Apex? That doesn't cost extra and will not cause the cost to rise. Instead of using IR you're using the Apex to control it all.

While you're trying to build an affordable light you're forgetting that there are many who would pay extra for this feature and not just a handful ether. So more controllability options would be nice.
Texan78 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2014, 12:31 AM   #57
Current USA
Sponsor

You're right. I apologize for the bad paraphrasing of the technicians on my part. I'm a hobbyist that understands the functioning level and less of the techinical, engineering and hardware.

Again, we've reached out to neptune before to make our products compatible but there was no interest. This company however, worked with us and created a product similar to neptune's and to the time to make their controller compatible with out fixtures: http://aquarium-led-controller.com/p...ed-controller/

Neptune has to be willing to work with us in order to control the RGBs the way you all want.

I do not understand how apex systems work as I've mentioned before but I can guarantee our engineers very clearly do.

again, paraphrasing our technicians, BML fixtures are fundamentally different from the Satellite LED. They do not have PWM RGB control. With PWM RGB control, it requires much more than a off the shelf drivers they include. You're right we can easily include drivers you are referring to and it would be compatible with the APEX but those drivers only enable dimming of 1 color channel even though apex allows more.

I'm sorry I'm not the best person to talk to about this but if you would like to chat with our techs about this, feel free to call us 760-727-7011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan78 View Post
This is not true. You are misunderstanding what Neptune is saying with they refer to only 2 channels. Channels meaning fixture channels, not color channels. Each channel is a fixture and one port can support two channels or 2 fixtures. VDM 1/2 is one port and depending on what Apex you have VDM 3/4 is one port.

The Apex firmware itself can handle multiple color channels per fixture and their new Fusion firmware update they are about to launch will make it even easier.

I am just not sure how it is so hard for Current USA to offer a VDM cable and driver to work with the Apex system. This is not a Neptune issue, this is a Current USA issue for not understanding how the Apex system works. BML has figured this out and their lights are not $400. $15 cable and their fixtures work perfectly with the Apex.

You have a fixture that has all the bells and whistles to be a good light with a sleek and low profile design. How hard is it to create a driver and offer a cable to plug into the Apex? That doesn't cost extra and will not cause the cost to rise. Instead of using IR you're using the Apex to control it all.

While you're trying to build an affordable light you're forgetting that there are many who would pay extra for this feature and not just a handful ether. So more controllability options would be nice.

Old 01-10-2014, 05:58 AM   #58
andrewjohn007
Algae Grower

Default A satisfied LED+ owner for 6 months (2 fixtures & ramp timer)

I can't thank the folks at Current enough for providing an entry level LED system that gets it done!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	100.3 KB
ID:	257769  

andrewjohn007 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2014, 07:53 AM   #59
Brian_Cali77
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (18/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewjohn007 View Post
I can't thank the folks at Current enough for providing an entry level LED system that gets it done!
Very nice tank/setup! I couldn't agree more with this comment. Prior to the Sat+, us FW folks didn't have anything near the flexibility, aesthetics, and value that these lights provide. Current is a definite PLUS in my book!
Old 01-10-2014, 04:10 PM   #60
ipkiss
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (1/100%)

Happy New Year! It's January! Where's the "new" light?!

Last edited by ipkiss; 01-10-2014 at 04:36 PM.. Reason: rephrase
ipkiss is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.