The Planted Tank Forum banner

25g nature aquarium

9K views 20 replies 18 participants last post by  davocean 
#1 · (Edited)
UPDATE: May 11, 2014

Tank size - 60cm X 40cm X 40cm (23.6"x15.7"x15.7")
Glass thickness - 8mm
Volume - 25 Gallons

CO2 system - Pressurized, GLA cornelius single stage regulator w/ 10lbs tank, inline atomic atomizer 12/16mm
Lighting - ADA aquasky 601
Filtration - 2213 eheim
Heaters - 50w eheim jäger

Substrate - mix of fluorite black and sand

Fauna - ~ 15 boraras brigittae & 15 boraras merah
Flora - hemianthus callitrichoides, hemianthus micranthemoides, e. parvula, marsilea crenata, lilaeopsis brasiliensis, pogostemon helferi

See less See more
#5 ·
Awesome scape! Great looking stones. Is that a stainless steal C02 diffusor?
Thanks, yes, that's a stainless steel co2 diffuser. Love it, it's easy to clean and virtually unbreakable.

Here's a shot of the HM hedge from above during a WC. It's one of my favorite plants.

#12 ·
Update; removed the stones and decided I wanted to see more green for a change. Still have between 20-30 boraras brigittae, and added some cherry shrimp. Plants; hemianthus micranthemoides, pogostemon helferi, lilaeopsis brasiliensis, marsilea crenata, eleocharis, hemianthus callitrichoides.

Guess I can no longer call this an iwagumi, not sure how to change the title of the thread.

#17 ·
Update; removed the stones and decided I wanted to see more green for a change. Still have between 20-30 boraras brigittae, and added some cherry shrimp. Plants; hemianthus micranthemoides, pogostemon helferi, lilaeopsis brasiliensis, marsilea crenata, eleocharis, hemianthus callitrichoides.

Guess I can no longer call this an iwagumi, not sure how to change the title of the thread.

beautiful job. I too am becoming "less hardscape, more plant"

#15 ·
Beautiful mini jungle! I am sure the shrimps are very happy.

To change the title...go to your first post, click edit and then click go advanced.
Thanks. It was supposed to be a plant farm for my other tanks until I ended up liking the look of the natural uncontrolled plant mix. So I upgraded a few things and made it a display.

Man that scape is awesome!! Have you ever had any algae issues with this tank?
Thanks, yes, I've had different types of algae. Anytime you run 4x T5HOs on a small setup algae is a constant, still managable, but I just recently switch over to the ADA aquasky 601 LED, and we'll see how it works out. Apparently it has a PAR value of about 70 at 17" from the substrate. Which puts me in the lower end of high light.

#16 ·
Looks great. Having the same issues as you did in mine... thinking about taking my rocks out as well and youre not helping haha. I love hm too, I want two hedges.. one of hm and one of my rotala sp green... slowly but surely getting there lol.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.