Anyone from southeastern massachusertts
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > Massachusetts

Old 10-29-2013, 03:55 PM   #1
pgaron
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Anyone from southeastern massachusertts

I live on the RI/MA border just wondering who's out there
pgaron is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-22-2013, 11:05 PM   #2
tattooedfool83
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (8/100%)

I'm a Rhode Islander. There is a few of us local that are pretty active and more in various parts of mass
Old 11-23-2013, 01:49 AM   #3
Anonymouse
Algae Grower

I'm just outside of New Bedford, MA. There's a great LFS in New Bedford called Patnaude's. If you've never been or you're even in the area it's worth checking out. Any other stores out towards you guys? Fall River or the east side of RI?

Thanks,
Andrew
Anonymouse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-23-2013, 03:31 AM   #4
0live
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (7/100%)

I'm a Rhode Islander as well, and I'm just chiming in to say I wasn't impressed by patnaudes.
0live is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-23-2013, 03:43 AM   #5
Anonymouse
Algae Grower

I can't say the help at Patnaude's is very good but they have a pretty wide selection of freshwater fish and a very decent amount of saltwater fish and corals.

They have a ton of AquaClear HOB filters there as well for pretty cheap.

Andrew
Anonymouse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-23-2013, 11:29 AM   #6
0live
Planted Tank Enthusiast

I will admit there was a selection, but nothing looked particularly healthy.

Could have been a one off thing on a bad day.
Old 11-23-2013, 03:40 PM   #7
tattooedfool83
Wannabe Guru

Check out aqua life in providence. Just Over the bridge from east providence. Great lfs
Old 11-23-2013, 04:05 PM   #8
redpaulhus
Planted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tattooedfool83 View Post
check out aqua life in providence. Just over the bridge from east providence. Great lfs
+ 1 !!
redpaulhus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-23-2013, 06:23 PM   #9
0live
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by tattooedfool83 View Post
Check out aqua life in providence. Just Over the bridge from east providence. Great lfs
+2.

I should go there today, actually.
Old 11-24-2013, 02:36 AM   #10
pgaron
Algae Grower

haha thanks guys, I have been to aqualife many-a-time so far, I asked this thread in RI a couple weeks prior so you gave me these recommendations before (to which im very greatfull) however annonomouse had a suggestion I hadn't heard yet thanks man. Aqualife is really great I like it a lot, I have been there enough for them to consider me a 'reg'. George and his wife are so nice, I wish I could talk to George more but he's soooooooooooo busy, I have been able to talk to his wife since I get out of work around 3 and she's usualy the only one there. I was actually there today, I bought 2 flag fish and 3 gold dust Molly's. I have nothing against AL but its always nice to hear of new places

In highschool i used to always go to rumford pet center but when I moved back I was sad to find they dont have fish anymore

edit: I have a lot of these LED grow ligjts that I ordered from China, are any of you guys interested in trying them out (free of course) they are red and blue ONLY. I have been using them for a while and they seem ok I had a guy on Reddit test them they have a par of 97 with the lenses on and they are E27 (standard lightbulb), also if you ever need some anacahris I have PLENTY, I cut it and throw it out weekly. I was talking to Georges wife today and she said not to throw it out and that she would take it, I didnt think anyone wanted that tho

edit i live in providence, a few blocks from aqualife
pgaron is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2013, 03:34 AM   #11
tattooedfool83
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgaron View Post
haha thanks guys, I have been to aqualife many-a-time so far, I asked this thread in RI a couple weeks prior so you gave me these recommendations before (to which im very greatfull) however annonomouse had a suggestion I hadn't heard yet thanks man. Aqualife is really great I like it a lot, I have been there enough for them to consider me a 'reg'. George and his wife are so nice, I wish I could talk to George more but he's soooooooooooo busy, I have been able to talk to his wife since I get out of work around 3 and she's usualy the only one there. I was actually there today, I bought 2 flag fish and 3 gold dust Molly's. I have nothing against AL but its always nice to hear of new places

In highschool i used to always go to rumford pet center but when I moved back I was sad to find they dont have fish anymore

edit: I have a lot of these LED grow ligjts that I ordered from China, are any of you guys interested in trying them out (free of course) they are red and blue ONLY. I have been using them for a while and they seem ok I had a guy on Reddit test them they have a par of 97 with the lenses on and they are E27 (standard lightbulb), also if you ever need some anacahris I have PLENTY, I cut it and throw it out weekly. I was talking to Georges wife today and she said not to throw it out and that she would take it, I didnt think anyone wanted that tho

edit i live in providence, a few blocks from aqualife
You could always join the tropical fish society and pick his brain along with many others monthly, and they meet right by the rumford pet center in east providence
Old 11-24-2013, 03:28 PM   #12
0live
Planted Tank Enthusiast

What kind of LEDs are they? I <3 DIY

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.