10% OFF Finnex FugeRAY Planted+ & Marine+ - Page 3
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Sponsors > Finnex / Schuber Wright

Old 11-05-2013, 06:23 PM   #31
Bryk
Planted Member

PTrader: (4/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaticz View Post
So for a 55 gallon tank which finnex for a med/low tech tank?
Well, 55Gs are fairly deep, however they aren't wide front to back. So you have a lot of options.

I personally am looking for medium-high light, so I just went with two planted+ 48s. I believe this should work out for my intended use.

If you are looking to go with only low light, you could possibly get by with a fugeray, or if you want medium light perhaps a ray2. Keep in mind with a center bracket (on the 55Gs) you very well will have two high light spots just off centered directly below the lights as that is where the light will focus.

Keep in mind if you go a bit high there are always the two options of raising the fixture, or using a sheet of light diffuser. However you obviously can't increase the light past the point of the lid, etc.
Bryk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-07-2013, 04:37 AM   #32
Aurie
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (7/100%)

Just ordered my 48" for my 55 gallon.

Till I set up my 55 gallon I'm going to put it on my 46 bow (with overhang) and see how it does. My 46 right now has an aquaticlife (coralife) 2x39w t5 setup. I don't like it, it's all washed out on it's colors.
Aurie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 11:18 AM   #33
Bryk
Planted Member

5 Days left!!!

Lucky for me, I logged in the other day, since I've been waiting for months for the release. I had been logging in only once every few weeks since I've been busy.

*phew*
Old 11-07-2013, 08:06 PM   #34
Lowe
Finnex

PTrader: (2/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryk View Post
5 Days left!!!

Lucky for me, I logged in the other day, since I've been waiting for months for the release. I had been logging in only once every few weeks since I've been busy.

*phew*
Will go out early next week. Orders will go out by the time they were purchased

Lowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 01:59 AM   #35
Mizuhuman
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (6/100%)

Yes. I can't wait.
By the way, how long is the planted+ power cord? I hope its longer than the ray2.
Mizuhuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 09:57 PM   #36
Algae Grower

PTrader: (3/100%)

Is there proper PAR values for this new fixture? I ordered a 12" already but I want to see how this compares to my current 12" FugeRay.

This will be my 4th Ray series light.
01111000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 02:06 AM   #37
Couesfanatic
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (31/100%)

same here, just ordered my 12 inch planted to replace my 12 inch fugeray. Curious about par.
Old 11-09-2013, 02:12 AM   #38
FIUPanther305
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Looking forward to shipment, it's the last piece before I start my 29g.
FIUPanther305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 01:36 AM   #39
Soup12
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (66/97%)

redoing my fish room.

Just bought:

3 36" planted +
1 24" planted +
1 12" planted +

Thanks Lowe. Been waiting almost a year for this!
Soup12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 03:18 PM   #40
Saltydog33
Algae Grower

Ordered the 48" yesterday super stoked! Thanks for the discount!
Saltydog33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 03:45 PM   #41
desertfish
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saltydog33 View Post
Ordered the 48" yesterday super stoked! Thanks for the discount!
I have a long 33 gallon low-light planted tank. Because it is shallow, have had a hard time fnding a 48" low light fixture that does not produce max algae, yet does utilize co2 for good plant growth. Does Finnex ofer any options for this sort of complexity? Thanks.
desertfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 07:57 PM   #42
Saltydog33
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertfish View Post
I have a long 33 gallon low-light planted tank. Because it is shallow, have had a hard time fnding a 48" low light fixture that does not produce max algae, yet does utilize co2 for good plant growth. Does Finnex ofer any options for this sort of complexity? Thanks.
I definitely am not experienced enough to answer that. However i can tell what i have read so far. How deep is your tank? Maybe you can look into the satellite plus it puts out lower par then any of the finnex lights. Also maybe you could add floating plants or stem plants that consume nutrients as they are available before algae can use them or maybe there is a way you could raise the light higher up. I am sure someone who knows more can help you. I chose the planted because it will put me in medium light and i like the red spectrum it offers. If i run into algae i will try and combat it with floaters and stems if that doesnt work excel if that doesnt work i guess co2 which is a last resort for me. Hope i helped some. Oh yea you can always cut the photo period down i have read that works good on alage the light being on less time.
Saltydog33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 08:37 PM   #43
desertfish
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saltydog33 View Post
I definitely am not experienced enough to answer that. However i can tell what i have read so far. How deep is your tank? Maybe you can look into the satellite plus it puts out lower par then any of the finnex lights. Also maybe you could add floating plants or stem plants that consume nutrients as they are available before algae can use them or maybe there is a way you could raise the light higher up. I am sure someone who knows more can help you. I chose the planted because it will put me in medium light and i like the red spectrum it offers. If i run into algae i will try and combat it with floaters and stems if that doesnt work excel if that doesnt work i guess co2 which is a last resort for me. Hope i helped some. Oh yea you can always cut the photo period down i have read that works good on alage the light being on less time.
ThNks, I have tried all you have mentioned above except floating plants. The tank is the depth of a 20 gallon, ie not deep.
desertfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 06:58 AM   #44
Todda
Algae Grower

Default 10% OFF Finnex FugeRAY Planted+ & Marine+

Any idea when the pre-ordered FugeRAY Planted+ get shipped?
Todda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 09:01 AM   #45
Kai808
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (1/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todda View Post
Any idea when the pre-ordered FugeRAY Planted+ get shipped?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowe View Post
Friendly heads up for those who have not got your orders in ...the discount code will expire sometime Sunday evening. Please do not ask for the discount to be extended.

For the many waiting to get their orders ...orders will be shipping by date of purchase. First in first out. No mail service on Veterans Day so they'll be packed on Monday and outbound to your aquariums on Tuesday if you're lucky!
Probably sometime this week depending on when you ordered it. They usually email you once it's been sent. I'm expecting a lot of update to people's journals.
Kai808 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
finnex, fugeray, led, planted+, ray, ray2