Controller for Satellite Plus
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Sponsors > Current-USA and Ecoxotic

Old 10-11-2013, 01:54 AM   #1
Aquatechtoo
High Tech Redneck

PTrader: (0/0%)

Controller for Satellite Plus

I have 2 Satellite Freshwater+ fixtures that provide excellent color for my panted tank. Based on what I could gather from the Current USA support team, the forthcoming Ramp Timer Pro will only control 2 channels and it doesn't sound like I will be able to schedule my lights to mimic the sun's cycle throughout the day and provide moonlighting at night before turning off and then starting the cycle over again the following day with the timer. My question is if I need a 4-channel controller and timer to create a schedule for the lights to ramp up at a set time each AM, display a midday lighting level, ramp down for sunset, and then switch to some blues for the moonlighting?

If this is the case, are there any recommendations for a controller that will allow me to schedule my lights in this way for these fixtures?
Aquatechtoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-16-2013, 07:48 PM   #2
tex627
Sponsor

PTrader: (21/92%)

Hey, thanks for the question. Again, a lot of things aren't finalized just yet but what I could tell you is the ramp timer pro will allow you to ramp up, ramp down and change to moonlight.

^^ Click above to visit Aqua Design Innovations, Follow our Twitter, and Like our FB Page ^^

tex627 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 02:50 AM   #3
Aquatechtoo
High Tech Redneck

Thanks for the reply. With the moonlighting option, it sounds like the ramp timer will have at least one feature that it sounded like Customer Support said it wouldn't do. Do you have a release date for the dual or the pro that you can share?
Aquatechtoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 10:42 PM   #4
Current USA
Sponsor

The ramp timer pro should be out around January! The dual is still undecided.

Follow us on facebook! https://www.facebook.com/CurrentUSA
Current USA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 03:44 AM   #5
Dmarksvr
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Current USA View Post
The ramp timer pro should be out around January! The dual is still undecided.
I really hope you'll be able to set a 24 hour lighting schedule that does dawn/dusk, automatically starts and stops at least 1 storm event per day, and then turns to moon light on after dusk, and off at dawn and then repeats the next day without you having to mess with it.

That seems like the natural thing everyone would want a fixture like this to do. If you could add cloudcover and/or timed periods of custom colors to that it would be even better, but I really want dawn/dusk, at least 1 storm event per day, and moonlight all to run without my interference 24/7.
Dmarksvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 04:19 PM   #6
Dave6265
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmarksvr View Post
I really hope you'll be able to set a 24 hour lighting schedule that does dawn/dusk, automatically starts and stops at least 1 storm event per day, and then turns to moon light on after dusk, and off at dawn and then repeats the next day without you having to mess with it.

That seems like the natural thing everyone would want a fixture like this to do. If you could add cloudcover and/or timed periods of custom colors to that it would be even better, but I really want dawn/dusk, at least 1 storm event per day, and moonlight all to run without my interference 24/7.
Agreed! I think these fixtures are great, but the lack of a 24 hour controller has been a big disappointment to me. I would love a 24 hour set it and forget it controller that could regulate 2-3 fixtures.
Dave6265 is offline   Reply With Quote