30 gal tiger barb tank
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Tank Journals

Old 01-23-2004, 04:14 PM   #1
skylsdale
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)

Here's an AGA 30 gal (36x12x17) that I set up last night for a school of tiger barbs. It's setup to replicate a lowland cobbly stream from Indonesia. It's still got a long way to go...I plan on adding primarily crypts in the back left corner (taking out the current plants) and having them trail off to the right a bit.
skylsdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2004, 07:38 PM   #2
2la
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Beautiful hardscape, skysdale. It's almost a shame that some of it will be obscured by the plants.
2la is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2004, 07:41 PM   #3
Wasserpest
Are these real?

PTrader: (175/100%)

Welcome to the planted tank!

It's going to look good, even with plants! Do you have any plans for a background?
Wasserpest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2004, 07:42 PM   #4
Raul-7
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (4/100%)

Welcome Dale, that looks really nice...is it only going to be Tiger Barbs? And thanks for the Choco advice...!
Raul-7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2004, 08:16 PM   #5
skylsdale
Planted Member

I see the plants as only adding the established hardscape, rather than being the complete focal point...so hopefull I won't cover up too much of it. Most of the sand/cobble area will probably remain open. In the pics I've seen, most stands of crypts only seem to inhabit the middle section of a stream when it is pretty shallow. We'll have to see how it develops. It's hard to see from the angle I took the pic, but the back left corner is actually sloped upward.

I'm not sure about a background. I like having just the white wall as it gives the tank a brighter look and a bit more depth...but the cords are a hassle. I've done so much snorkling in shallow streams, and that type of environment is so bright underwater that I just can't bring myself to put a black (or worse...blue) background on it. Any suggestions?

No problems, Raul-7! How are things going with them?
skylsdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2004, 08:19 PM   #6
Wasserpest
Are these real?

PTrader: (175/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skylsdale
I'm not sure about a background. I like having just the white wall as it gives the tank a brighter look and a bit more depth...but the cords are a hassle. I've done so much snorkling in shallow streams, and that type of environment is so bright underwater that I just can't bring myself to put a black (or worse...blue) background on it. Any suggestions?
Sure... try a mirror! Adds an amazing depth to tanks.
Wasserpest is offline   Reply With Quote