55g RES Turtle Tank
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > General Planted Tank Discussion > Riparium/Terrarium/Vivarium

Old 04-04-2007, 11:42 PM   #1
RESGuy
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (0/0%)
Send a message via AIM to RESGuy Send a message via MSN to RESGuy
Cool

55g RES Turtle Tank

This is my 55g RES Turtle Tank

This is my 3 inch RES

20 Gallon Tall
Tank Paradise <- My site
I have both AIM and MSN so message me when you like, I love talking with people that share the hobby!
RESGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-05-2007, 01:32 AM   #2
RachPreach
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (15/100%)
Send a message via MSN to RachPreach

they turtle in the first picture basking doesnt look like a RES....he's so thick shelled...

I used to have two RES in a 55 gallon that ended up being two females. I had to put them up for adoption though because they were getting too big and I had no where to put them. THey went to a good home though. good luck with yours. Hope you have a bigger tank because they grow fast!
Old 04-05-2007, 01:57 AM   #3
RESGuy
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachPreach View Post
they turtle in the first picture basking doesnt look like a RES....he's so thick shelled...

I used to have two RES in a 55 gallon that ended up being two females. I had to put them up for adoption though because they were getting too big and I had no where to put them. THey went to a good home though. good luck with yours. Hope you have a bigger tank because they grow fast!
That's because that's not a real turtle

Yeah RES eventually grow to 10-12 inches (depending on their sex) and will need a 100-120 gallon tank or small pond. I am going to make a small pond out of a large Rubbermaid container once it outgrows the 55 gallon tank.
20 Gallon Tall
Tank Paradise <- My site
I have both AIM and MSN so message me when you like, I love talking with people that share the hobby!
Old 04-05-2007, 04:07 AM   #4
Blackthumbwoes
Algae Grower

nice looking set up and its great to see i'm not the only one that goes bare bottom on the tanks, anything else is too much work and collects too much waste. I'll have to post pics of my turtles tub/pond after i get them warmed up for summer.

I've got about a half dozen adults RES in there including two of the prettiest and one of the largest i've seen outside of logs in the wild. They've been cooling for winter so soon my males should be going ape for the women and hopefully i'll be getting eggs this summer. more importantly hopefully the females figure out where to put them.

Great looking set up and one awesome looking little bugger. RES are probably my third favorite turtle behind asian softshells and snapping turtles. Horribly messy critters though

jason
Blackthumbwoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 04:14 AM   #5
RESGuy
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackthumbwoes View Post
nice looking set up and its great to see i'm not the only one that goes bare bottom on the tanks, anything else is too much work and collects too much waste. I'll have to post pics of my turtles tub/pond after i get them warmed up for summer.

I've got about a half dozen adults RES in there including two of the prettiest and one of the largest i've seen outside of logs in the wild. They've been cooling for winter so soon my males should be going ape for the women and hopefully i'll be getting eggs this summer. more importantly hopefully the females figure out where to put them.

Great looking set up and one awesome looking little bugger. RES are probably my third favorite turtle behind asian softshells and snapping turtles. Horribly messy critters though

jason
Thank you Jason I would love to see pictures of you pond

Wow 6 RES and you want them to breed? I hope you are not intending to sell them! There are far too many RES already in the pet trade being bought cheap, put in small containers, killed, or thrown out

RES are by far my favorite species of turtle
20 Gallon Tall
Tank Paradise <- My site