Does Flourish products expire??
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Fertilizers and Water Parameters

Old 10-04-2013, 12:31 AM   #1
sugarcube
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Does Flourish products expire??

I recently found a sale on Flourish plant packs, they contain 100ml of flourish, excel and iron for only $5 and I ended up buying two packs since it was a good deal.

I think they are pretty old and the products were put on sale as a result of it. the flourish was a dark soy sauce color, the iron was dark orange and the excel was clear.

I was just wandering if flourish products kind of expire after like 1 or 2 years? I know some people buy a huge jug of the stuff because its more cheap that way and use it for a year or two.

so like, does it stop working or become bad for the fish/plants?

I only opened 1 pack so I am debating if I should return the 2nd one or place it in the fridge or something.

Old 10-04-2013, 12:38 AM   #2
dex14
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarcube View Post
I recently found a sale on Flourish plant packs, they contain 100ml of flourish, excel and iron for only $5 and I ended up buying two packs since it was a good deal.

I think they are pretty old and the products were put on sale as a result of it. the flourish was a dark soy sauce color, the iron was dark orange and the excel was clear.

I was just wandering if flourish products kind of expire after like 1 or 2 years? I know some people buy a huge jug of the stuff because its more cheap that way and use it for a year or two.

so like, does it stop working or become bad for the fish/plants?

I only opened 1 pack so I am debating if I should return the 2nd one or place it in the fridge or something.
Seachem says no. They do however recommend refrigerating flourish comprehensive. Comprehensive is normally tea or coffee colored, not sure about the iron I use root tabs, the excel is clear.

Last edited by dex14; 10-04-2013 at 12:40 AM.. Reason: cuz
dex14 is offline   Reply With Quote