Looking for shrimp/plants
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > Minnesota

Old 09-30-2013, 04:36 PM   #1
Ainevar
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Looking for shrimp/plants

Has anyone found a LFS that has decent quality of stock and prices? Or even someone local to buy from? I'm not to the point of paying $40 in shipping for anything yet. I've been to World of Fish in Richfield, their plant selection is decent, but they haven't had much of anything lately in terms of shrimp. I've also been to Aquatropics, Sea Level, and Fish Guy and Pet Supply.

Old 09-30-2013, 07:25 PM   #2
babystarz
Algae Grower

Try calling here: http://www.mnbettashop.com/

Tony the shop owner specializes in bettas but I’ve seen several kinds of shrimp for sale in his plant tanks. Even if he doesn’t have any right now he’s super accommodating and would probably include some in his next order for you. Best of all, I have never seen a sick fish/plant/invert in his store. Ever.

If that doesn't work out, try the Minnfish forums (minnfish.com) - tons and tons of hobbyists around, I'm sure someone will have shrimp to sell you. Plants too.
babystarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 03:54 AM   #3
Tiamat86
Algae Grower

I know World of Fish will put you on a list and notify you when something specific you want comes in.
Tiamat86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 02:07 AM   #4
jlor016
Algae Grower

PTrader: (2/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by babystarz View Post
Try calling here: http://www.mnbettashop.com/

Tony the shop owner specializes in bettas but Iíve seen several kinds of shrimp for sale in his plant tanks. Even if he doesnít have any right now heís super accommodating and would probably include some in his next order for you. Best of all, I have never seen a sick fish/plant/invert in his store. Ever.

If that doesn't work out, try the Minnfish forums (minnfish.com) - tons and tons of hobbyists around, I'm sure someone will have shrimp to sell you. Plants too.
Yeah, Tony seems like a smart fish keeper. He does have a bit of inverts right now but he said he'll definitely have a supply of invert this winter or most winters so I'm definitely dropping by this winter.

10gal. - 7 RCS, 3 TPFR shrimp, tiger nerite, zebra nerite, subwassertang, java moss, java fern, anubias nana
jlor016 is offline   Reply With Quote