need recommendation for solenoid and water test kit
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Planted Nano Tanks

Old 09-27-2013, 04:57 PM   #1
dasNano
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

need recommendation for solenoid and water test kit

Hey guys-

I have two questions for everyone. The first is what do you guys recommend for regulating CO2? I have my lights on a timer but I have to close the shut off valve for the CO2. This isn't a big deal BUT sometimes I forget to switch it on or off...then I'll have CO2 running all night or not at all during the day. It's not often but it still happens. I saw that Archea has a few options and also ADA has the EL-valve. I'd love hear what works well for you guys.

My second question is what are you guys using for testing water conditions? I'm using Mardel test strips where you match the colors. When I read posts about water conditions people are throwing out numbers. I'd like to be a little more accurate when testing the water in my aquarium, instead of "Oh my alkalinity is neon green...or maybe it's more of a florescent yellowish green". I just feel like there's a larger window of error. Let me know what you recommend.

As always, thanks for taking the time to read and respond!
dasNano is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.