aquariumplants.com - Page 3
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Forums > Other Websites

Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2007, 03:32 AM   #31
Homer_Simpson
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (0/0%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgb77 View Post
I tried send them an email once and had this same problem. I figured out it's because the email address they have under the contact us page is incorrect. The email they have written is contactus@aquariumplants.com
The correct one is contactus@aquariumplant.com. When I used the first address, I received that same error message/problem. That's why it says recipient address rejected, it's not their correct email address. This may help you in the future if you try to contact them via email and run into the same problem.
John
That would explain a lot. Thanks. However, not returning/answering phone messages is still something that they should address, if for no other reason, than it just makes good business sense. They also need to update shipping information on their site and clarify when shipping dates are not met. This would help them in that they would not likely be overwhelmed with customer inquiries re: orders.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-17-2007, 06:25 AM   #32
Opiesilver
Planted Tank Enthusiast

You can also contact the owner directly at mh@aquariumplants.com. At least that was the last email address I had for him.

I wouldn't expect a quick response. I was responsible for most of the response the compnay sent out when I was actually there onsite and that wasn't everyday either.
Old 07-17-2007, 09:45 AM   #33
Homer_Simpson
Wannabe Guru

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opiesilver View Post
You can also contact the owner directly at mh@aquariumplants.com. At least that was the last email address I had for him.

I wouldn't expect a quick response. I was responsible for most of the response the compnay sent out when I was actually there onsite and that wasn't everyday either.
Many thanks for that information Opiesilver . It is a shame that you no longer work for them. I had heard lots of good things about them when you were in charge and many people were saying that a lot of that had to do with you.

I do believe in second chances but not third chances. If things take a turn for the worse again and I run into the same problem(s), I will just stop doing business with them. I just don't have the time and patience to go through this again and again.
Old 07-18-2007, 11:48 PM   #34
D.gilly
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (1/100%)

Apparently plants got shipped out yesterday anyone get theirs? My tracking device wasnít working apparently someone at ups messed up. First they said they where lost, then they said they where on their way and should be here any minute well I believe ups stops making deliveries at 8:00 and its 7:48 so Iím wondering. I got overnight shipping. They said out of the 20 orders at 3:00 already 11 of them had been delivered and 9 where missing mine was one of those 9 Iím just hoping all went well on your packages?
Old 07-18-2007, 11:59 PM   #35
Homer_Simpson
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.gilly View Post
Apparently plants got shipped out yesterday anyone get theirs? My tracking device wasnít working apparently someone at ups messed up. First they said they where lost, then they said they where on their way and should be here any minute well I believe ups stops making deliveries at 8:00 and its 7:48 so Iím wondering. I got overnight shipping. They said out of the 20 orders at 3:00 already 11 of them had been delivered and 9 where missing mine was one of those 9 Iím just hoping all went well on your packages?
I received an E-Mail that my orders had shipped July 16 2007. As I have the option for local nursery pick-up, this is what I opted for. The instructions were to phone me at work or home when the plants were ready to pick up. No phone call yet. After reading about your response, I am beginning to really s*it. I hope that they did not screw up and I get my $100+ order of plants. If not, then hopefully they will refund my money. I neither have the tolerance or continued patience for
this.
Old 07-19-2007, 01:37 AM   #36
D.gilly
Planted Tank Enthusiast

yeah i know how you feel i lost almost 200 canadian last year, I broke my difuisor and the guy refused to refund it and now this . I learned that they ship out the plants on monday to winnipeg and all the packages left winnipeg yesterday. First i was told that 9 out of the 20 orders had gone missing, Then when i re called theyy said that the ups guy forget to scan the waybill so that was the reason for the "dissaperance" and that the order was on time well it's wasint andi can only hope they arrive early tomorrow and 4 days in a box didin't kill them ... it was a 180 dollar + the price of the refunded regulator so around 300 bucks worth of good's. i hope i get my HC ive been after it for almost 4 years now!
Old 07-19-2007, 05:41 AM   #37
hooha
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (72/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homer_Simpson View Post
Many thanks for that information Opiesilver . It is a shame that you no longer work for them. I had heard lots of good things about them when you were in charge and many people were saying that a lot of that had to do with you.

I definitely would say that. I haven't ordered from them in a couple of years but back then, I was very satisfied with my purchases.

Nowadays I just check out the Swap N Shop for any plants that I would want/need....I suggest others do the same.
Old 07-19-2007, 05:51 AM   #38
jrs
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (2/100%)

D.gilly

I was in on a group order and they were delivered to Markham. BA's Oakville had some HC over the weekend and I picked up 5 pots and will be getting 3 more from this order.

The HC from BA's doesn't seem to have been grown emmersed either as strange as it may sound. I laid the gridded sections out on Monday and they are already growing and creeping horizontally; no adjustment period!

If yours doesn't work out maybe we could trade something or other???????

Location Date Local Time Description
CONCORD,ON,CA 18/07/2007 11:23 DELIVERED
18/07/2007 7:30 OUT FOR DELIVERY
18/07/2007 6:28 ARRIVAL SCAN
MOUNT HOPE,ON,CA 18/07/2007 5:30 DEPARTURE SCAN
18/07/2007 4:46 ORIGIN SCAN
WINNIPEG,MB,CA 17/07/2007 19:21 ORIGIN SCAN
17/07/2007 16:17 PICKUP SCAN
CA 16/07/2007 15:44 BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED
Old 07-19-2007, 03:12 PM   #39
Homer_Simpson
Wannabe Guru

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.gilly View Post
yeah i know how you feel i lost almost 200 canadian last year, I broke my difuisor and the guy refused to refund it and now this . I learned that they ship out the plants on monday to winnipeg and all the packages left winnipeg yesterday. First i was told that 9 out of the 20 orders had gone missing, Then when i re called theyy said that the ups guy forget to scan the waybill so that was the reason for the "dissaperance" and that the order was on time well it's wasint andi can only hope they arrive early tomorrow and 4 days in a box didin't kill them ... it was a 180 dollar + the price of the refunded regulator so around 300 bucks worth of good's. i hope i get my HC ive been after it for almost 4 years now!
After faxing them today, an aquariumplants rep got back to me to tell me that the plants have been sitting at their shipping depot since Tuesday. Nobody phoned me to advise that the plants were ready for pickup and since I did not have the address of the depot, it wasn't like I could even confirm if/when the plants had arrived. Hot weather, stagnant water, 2 day storage of plants in an oxygen derprived environment. God only knows what condition the plants will be in when I pick them up tonight and get them home. Aquariumplants is blaming the trucking company and the trucking company is blaming aquarium plants for not contacting me when the plants arrived. Seems I am caught in the middle with a mess.
Old 07-19-2007, 03:28 PM   #40
Naja002
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (50/100%)

If You paid by Credit Card--Best solution: Do Not pick them up. Call Your credit card company and have them credit Your account. Take Your business elsewhere. Step right out of the middle of it.

Or

You can hang out and continue to play Mickey Mouse games....

Your Call......
Old 07-19-2007, 03:39 PM   #41
Homer_Simpson
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naja002 View Post
If You paid by Credit Card--Best solution: Do Not pick them up. Call Your credit card company and have them credit Your account. Take Your business elsewhere. Step right out of the middle of it.

Or

You can hang out and continue to play Mickey Mouse games....

Your Call......
I hear you and really don't want to play or enjoy playing Mickey Mouse games.

I paid by Pay Pal and the only recourse I have is to open up a on line resolution claim with Pay Pal acting as mediator to resolve the issue. Pay Pal just won't credit my account. If nothing is resolved, then it "could" escalate to a claim with Pay Pal making the final decision as to whether they will reverse the charges. That whole process could really drag on.

I am hoping that aquariumplants makes good on what they told me. I spoke to a rep today and asked her point blank: "If I accept the plants, get them home and they are a mess, where does that leave me considering that I have spent $100+ in plants?" She told me that if that is the case to advise her and they will reship.
Old 07-19-2007, 04:02 PM   #42
Naja002
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (50/100%)

Seems like You are in a Bind. Filing a Dispute with Paypal can wreak havoc on a seller, but I doubt it will do much towards AP.com.

Re-Ship When? You've had enough trouble just trying to get them to Ship! Personally, I'd shoot for getting my money back, but that may be a lost cause too.....

To Quote Myself:

Quote:
The complaints have done a Good job of keeping me away. Combined with the increased shipping costs--its a No-Brainer.....
Best of Luck....

Last edited by Naja002; 07-19-2007 at 06:02 PM..
Old 07-19-2007, 04:16 PM   #43
jrs
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (2/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homer_Simpson View Post
I am hoping that aquariumplants makes good on what they told me. I spoke to a rep today and asked her point blank: "If I accept the plants, get them home and they are a mess, where does that leave me considering that I have spent $100+ in plants?" She told me that if that is the case to advise her and they will reship.

GET IT IN WRITING!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-19-2007, 05:19 PM   #44
D.gilly
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrs View Post
GET IT IN WRITING!!!!!!!!!!!
hahahaha good luck with that! I sent an email like 4 weeks ago I still have no reply. Not to mention I paid like 40 bucks long distance call to them! Honestly you canít respect the prices pet stores put on their plants until you deal with this stuff! My plant orders always go wrong I spent like 250 bucks Canadian at a place in Singapore (Iím not going to mention the name) and the shipping company lost the photo sanitary certificate then they forgot to enter it and finally after 2 weeks they said I needed another 40 buck certificate needless to say it didnít end well. Hey I got refunded 60 bucks then when I withdrew it from pay-pal it was like 50. Now my regulator breaks, the plants get delayed, the plants get found, I called ups they have no clue what Iím talking about, Iíve spent 40 bucks long distance and not to mention 2 weeks in the city when I could have been happily enjoying time at my cottage actually I pleaded with my parents I told them this plant order will be different, they have a Canadian distributor nothing could go wrong well Iím guessing this isnít going to end well. I mean hey if my package was the last one last night or something after all I paid 50 bucks for shipping so it would be over night! Maybe UPS would drop it off early this morning its 1 o clock and still nothing lets just say Iím not in the greatest of moods! Anyways Iím thinking about giving them another call Iím really disappointed I was supposed to be redoing my tank Iíve been getting it together for like 6 months.

PS thanks for the offer JRS but im looking for about 20 different plant species not just HC if i never end up getting these plants i will shoot you a pm though.
Old 07-19-2007, 06:05 PM   #45
Homer_Simpson
Wannabe Guru

Okay, as difficult as this is, I am trying to stay positive. I am at work right now and will not be able to pick up my plants from the depot until late this evening. That means that the total time in storage will be 3 days, not considering the days the plants were in shipment while being transported. Has anyone ever received plants that made it through such a wait. Anyone? Please, some plant gurus assure me that it may just be possible.
Closed Thread