My 110 gallon setup questions
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > General Planted Tank Discussion

Old 09-20-2013, 03:26 AM   #1
Kyl3m213
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

My 110 gallon setup questions

So i just recently got a 110 gallon aquarium from a friend and i decided to make it a planted tank. I have had a 20 gallon tank with some good beginner plants and i understand the general concept of plant care. I just wanted to cross check my system to see if i am able to grow what i have planted in there currently.

I have 4 four foot T5HO 54 watt 6500k bulbs
Two 24 Watt T5HO 1 foot bulbs
A marineland C-360 canister filter (with no carbon, only sponge and ceramic)

I also am on a daily supplement of flourish, flourish excel, and flourish iron.
I have 120lbs of the Eco Complete black substrate. I also keep the plants on a 12 hour light cycle.

I currently have Brazilian pennywort, Java moss, Dwarf sag, Amazon swords, Italian vals, and a small amount of water sprite. The only thing that seems to be doing well in the pennywort. Everything else has turned brown and I can see little white globs of stuff floating around in my tank. Is there something im doing wrong? Ive done tons of research about the proper set up but i cant seem to have any luck. Keeping in mind that the tank is not fully cycled, I still have high nitrites. But everything else is doing okay.

7.2 ph
80ppm GH
120ppm KH

Does anyone have any suggestions on tweaking my setup or as to why my plants aren't doing so well?

Thank you
Kyl3m213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-21-2013, 12:41 PM   #2
ipkiss
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (1/100%)

I'm a little confused. Are you saying the browning plants are happening in the 20gallon or the 110gallon? If it's happening in the 110 gallon, how long has it been since you've started it and how long has it been since the plants have been in there?
ipkiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 05:02 AM   #3
Kyl3m213
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipkiss View Post
I'm a little confused. Are you saying the browning plants are happening in the 20gallon or the 110gallon? If it's happening in the 110 gallon, how long has it been since you've started it and how long has it been since the plants have been in there?
its happening in my 110, i started 4 weeks ago and i added plants this week.
Kyl3m213 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
help!, lighting, plants