Sparkling Gourami - Page 2
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > New York

Old 09-21-2013, 12:56 PM   #16
ptr
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (21/100%)

As soon as you see them wandering away during the day and minding their own business (as opposed to the first week, where they stay very close to the parents), you can move them out. I once had 70 of these moved into my community tank... it was kribville !
ptr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-22-2013, 09:00 PM   #17
furnfins
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (8/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquarium hippy View Post
Yes you can take them and put them in a grow out tank. I have 5 of these little guys in my 46 and they stay away from each other most of the time. I do notice from time to time a nipped tail though so it may very well be infighting between them they seem to have territories in my tank I always see the same ones in the same areas of my tank.
Thanks, I think I'll give it a try. I have a breeder box on the side of the tank. They're small enough for it now.
furnfins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 09:02 PM   #18
furnfins
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (8/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptr View Post
As soon as you see them wandering away during the day and minding their own business (as opposed to the first week, where they stay very close to the parents), you can move them out. I once had 70 of these moved into my community tank... it was kribville !
Haha, Oh boy! I'm going to move them. There's one brave one that always heads out away from the group,lol, I thought he was going to get eaten by an R.espei but I interceded. It'll be best, this is the longest I've had a group, I want them to live and grow!
furnfins is offline   Reply With Quote