Need Your Opinion (Repost)
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Lighting

Old 09-12-2013, 05:25 PM   #1
chrispena33
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Need Your Opinion (Repost)

I had posted this in the general forum, but the conversation got a little sidetracked so I thought I would repost it here hoping to get the answers I need...

I'm just getting into the hobby and have been trying to read as much as I can to acquire to knowledge to not suck. I bought a 60g tank and am trying to decide on what lights I should get. I plan on using Eco Complete for my substrate and will try have a nice HC carpet with some Hemianthus Micranthemoides or something similar in the background. I've narrowed my search down to three fixtures that I think would work.

404 Looking for Something? 404 Looking for Something?

2. I can't post Ebay links, but if you search "48" Aquarium T5 HO Light 216W Reef Fish LED w/ Timer" its the third result.

3. Again, I can't post Ebay links, but if you search "T5 Quad 48" 6500K Aquarium Light Strip Freshwater Plant 216W Grow Discus Tetra" its the first result.

For the people in the know, do you guys think these would work for what I'm trying to do? I don't want to use Co2 if I don't have to because I just don't think I know enough about it to use it properly. If you have any other suggestions, please let me know. You can tell what what my price point is on these.

Any insight would be appreciated!

Thanks!
chrispena33 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.