The Planted Tank Forum banner

Hole in the wall 2.5g

2K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  CheyLillymama22 
#1 ·
I was at my Lfs picking up some bloodworms....then I saw a Betta I had to have, I've never even liked Betta's before I saw this one.

I had a 2.5g tank that has been in my attic for years. I wanted to put it on a shelf that built into my wall but it was an 1/8" to wide. I decided to derim the tank do it would fit. I broke and had to drive all over town to find a new one.

I through this whole tank together in about 5 hours.

Equipment
2.5g (de rimmed)
Air pod air pump
Glass co2 diffuser(switching to spounge)
Pre cycled sand out of another tank
26w 6500k cfl
5.5" shoplight modified
flora
Crypt wendti
Hygro sunset

Fauna
Veil tail Betta
I may add an amano shrimp or 2
Here's the pics
Green Chair Table Wood Grass
Automotive lighting Television set Television Wood Entertainment
Fixture Gas Wood Machine Household hardware
Water Light Fluid Pet supply Fish supply
Property Wood Floor Flooring Hardwood
Water Plant Leaf Pet supply Fluid

See less See more
#2 ·
Very cool! I would love to have aquariums incorporated in to the walls of my house. You did good work!

Two notes on it though. One is that the betta is not a veiltail -- it is a delta or possibly low grade halfmoon. Second, if you really want your little guy to flourish, Bettas do best in water temperatures of 76-82 degrees F, so you might consider finding a way to add a heater in there! Stability in the temperature and having the proper temperature will ensure that his health stays better and keeps him lively and happy!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.