SAPS - Sacramento Aquatic Plants Society - Page 3
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > California

Old 03-06-2007, 02:14 PM   #31
James From Cali
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (8/100%)
Send a message via MSN to James From Cali Send a message via Yahoo to James From Cali

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishguy5000 View Post
Why are fish society and club meetings always at Round Table Pizza? Nothing wrong with that; just curious.
LOL, I was wondering the same!
James From Cali is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-06-2007, 04:36 PM   #32
Ahkuma
Planted Member

PTrader: (2/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishguy5000 View Post
If you mean AquaWorld, I believe they are out of business. Too bad. They had some nice fish.
I went to the Sacramento Aquarium Society meeting last Sat and ran into Tony Griffitts, who owned AquaWorld. He confirmed what tpl*co said, it's a Saltwater place now.

Tony was the only person who brought plants to the meeting and seems like one of the few plant keepers in the club.

The Sacramento Aquatic Plant Society was brought up at the meeting and everybody was encouraged to attend.
Ahkuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 09:18 PM   #33
Hoppy
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (74/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahkuma View Post
I went to the Sacramento Aquarium Society meeting last Sat and ran into Tony Griffitts, who owned AquaWorld. He confirmed what tpl*co said, it's a Saltwater place now.

Tony was the only person who brought plants to the meeting and seems like one of the few plant keepers in the club.

The Sacramento Aquatic Plant Society was brought up at the meeting and everybody was encouraged to attend.
Thanks for mentioning us. It looks like we will have at least 7 or 8 of us at the first meeting, but if all of the flyers I posted at LFS work, and if the SAS members decide to attend, we may need two pizzas!

I suspect that aquatic plant growing is such strenuous activity that we are always hungry, thus we like to meet at a pizza place.
Old 03-06-2007, 11:22 PM   #34
tpl*co
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (11/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahkuma View Post

I usually bring plants too, but have been out of the meetings because of a death in the family (I usually run the sales table).

Tina
tpl*co is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 04:31 PM   #35
James From Cali
Planted Tank Guru

Send a message via MSN to James From Cali Send a message via Yahoo to James From Cali

Today was boring. I had to wake up early because my friends had to go to school and now 2 hours later, boredom! I am going to be adding a section for SAPS on ym site to remind me(and whoever may be in sac) when our meetings are.
Old 03-07-2007, 10:30 PM   #36
tpl*co
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Can't wait, bagging up some plants now .

p.s. make a part of one of those pizzas vegetarian

Tina
Old 03-07-2007, 11:41 PM   #37
James From Cali
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpl*co View Post
Can't wait, bagging up some plants now .

p.s. make a part of one of those pizzas vegetarian

Tina
Plants are bagged up for me. Just a question do anyone in this thread know if a Narrow Leaf Sword is the smae as a Narrow Leaf Chain Sword or Dwarf Sag?

Im watching TMNT and they are talking about Pizza, vegie pizza.
Old 03-08-2007, 01:43 PM   #38
Mr. Clean
Algae Grower

PTrader: (6/100%)
Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Clean
Default Thank you

That was a great meeting last night.

Thanks Hoppy for putting that whole thing together, and thanks to everyone else for providing some great information and some amazing plants! I now have several new species to try out!
Old 03-08-2007, 03:05 PM   #39
James From Cali
Planted Tank Guru

That was great. Now I need to start working for more plants to swap. Oh by the way does anyone know what the foreground plant, that Tom had given, name is?
Old 03-09-2007, 01:14 AM   #40
Hoppy
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (74/100%)

I thought the meeting was very good too, as disorganized as it was. It wasn't a classic form of meeting for sure - just a gathering and informal discussion. I scheduled next month's meeting for the same place, first Wednesday in April, same time. I wonder if I can pry a couple of "prizes" from a LFS?

I think that foreground plant was Utricularia graminifolia. My new plants are just floating in the tank for now - maybe some hitch-hiking snails will be snacks for my loaches. I hope to do a clean up, water change, and replanting tomorrow - get rid of my A. reinickii. I'm not pleased with it anymore.
Old 03-09-2007, 05:13 AM   #41
James From Cali
Planted Tank Guru

Thanks. It sure was. Thanks Hoppy!
Old 03-09-2007, 08:11 PM   #42
tpl*co
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Definately a great meeting. Thanks Hoppy!

p.s. next time I'll spring for the veggie pizza since it seems I was the only one eating it .

Tina
Old 03-09-2007, 08:19 PM   #43
James From Cali
Planted Tank Guru

tpl*co-There was a stem of Anachris as long as me lol. I had to prune it to fit in my tank and now have enough for the next meeting lol. It is invading my left corner right now. Oh andI forgot to wash out all the duckweed and When I put it in my tank I had all of it floating :O it was so wierd, my betta was trying to use it for a bubble nest. Now its gone thanks to a little thing called a fish net.
Old 03-17-2007, 03:00 AM   #44
yoko
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (1/100%)

w-w-w-wow wow wow I am from Sac, too and I like this stuff cool!!! Hi guys!!
yoko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 04:32 AM   #45
Ahkuma
Planted Member

PTrader: (2/100%)

To bad you missed the very first meeting Yoko. Tom Barr was the speaker and answered so many questions I had about planted tanks. Plus I walked away with about 5 huge bags of plants.

Hoppy has done an excellent job organizing this club and I learned more in 1 meeting than 2 years of random research on my own. I hope to see you at the next one.
Ahkuma is offline   Reply With Quote