Kcmo
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > Missouri

Old 02-12-2007, 03:53 PM   #1
cjyhc4
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (21/100%)

Kcmo

Anyone in the KCMO area? I live in the Brookside/Plaza area when I'm not in school.
Advertisement

Old 05-25-2007, 04:49 AM   #2
Zer
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

I live North of the River when I'm not in Kirksville for school.
Zer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 08:30 AM   #3
gabeszone247
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (80/100%)

Im from Parkville Mo 64153
gabeszone247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 07:00 AM   #4
Zer
Algae Grower

what is your fav. lfs north of the river? I'm new to the hobby so I don't know of many. So far the nicest place I have found is Miles of Exotics on Berry Rd. just West of N. Oak. They don't have many plants though, only place I have seen those in any quantity is the pet smart in Liberty (or just West of it, technically) on 152.
Old 05-26-2007, 08:51 AM   #5
gabeszone247
Wannabe Guru

The only place I used to go to when I lived back in KC was Pet-smart in Liberty, but back then I wasn't into planted tanks.
Old 07-13-2007, 04:26 AM   #6
johnicd
Algae Grower

I live in Kearney(bout 10 mins north of Liberty) The only places that I go to are Miles of Exotics by metro north, Fins and Foliage off North Oak, and ofcourse Petsmart. Thats about it around here. Only place that sells half decent plants around me is PetSmart and they arent all that great.
johnicd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 05:33 AM   #7
gabeszone247
Wannabe Guru

Is the Metro North mall still open? Last time I went to there it was a ghost town, but when I was in High school back in 95 it was a nice place.
Old 07-14-2007, 12:03 AM   #8
johnicd
Algae Grower

yeah pretty much still a ghost town. Only a few stores are left like the shoe stores, gnc, jcpenny and macys. But thats about it.
Old 07-18-2007, 05:57 PM   #9
Zer
Algae Grower

yeah, i only ever go to metro north for glasse (lense crafters)...

as for LFS, I really dislike Fins and Foliage...but thats just me. I wouldn't buy there. I wen't in for advice on how to control a guppy population in 10 gallons and they tried to sell me an oscar! Plus their tank conditions are obviously poor. Pet smart and miles of exotics are both much nicer facilities IMHO.
Old 07-18-2007, 06:05 PM   #10
johnicd
Algae Grower

Yeah their tanks are definetly poor. I have only been in there once and I wasnt impressed. They mainly breed guppies and angels but I would rather take my business to Miles of Exotics before I bought anything from F & F
Old 12-04-2007, 09:28 PM   #11
krylon
Algae Grower

PTrader: (7/100%)

I am in southern KC, near 87th on the MO side. I haven't found any LFS except for Petsmart in OP and their plants are not so good.
Filstar PIMP #106
Eheim PIMP #266

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryzilla View Post
Whats the best way to keep the hardness?
krylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 04:01 AM   #12
Wooster
Algae Grower

Send a message via Yahoo to Wooster

The Pet Stop off Shawnee Mission Parkway and Neiman is a good store not a HUGE selection of plants but their staff are knowledgeable and always willing to help. Mission Pets is moving from their current location on Johnson Drive to a newer bigger store (address to be confirmed). Of course there is always the http://kcfishclub.informe.com/index.php where there are folks that always seem to have lots of fish and plants to trade sell and "give away" Check out the site for dates of forthcoming meetings.

My names Steve and I am a fishaholic, no I do not need help.
Wooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 05:47 AM   #13
J.B.
Algae Grower

I haven't lived around there in about 10 years, but there used to be a nice fish store over off of Vivion Rd. I remember going down N Oak Trafficway turning right on Vivion Rd and it was down on the right hand side. I can't remember how far down it was though, it's been too long. They had a really nice selection of everything, but of course I don't know if they are still in existance. Just though I'd mention it.
J.B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 02:53 AM   #14
allwet
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)

northland tropical fish and pet i beleive is the name of it.was a fantastic shop in the 80's when i went their.do beleive they're still in business on vivion rd in northmoor,mo(kc)

fins and foilage aslo in the 80's was excellent.dont know how bad these places are now as i dont go to kc,mo.

only live 60 miles from their but i go to st,joseph,mo to look and see what the Lfs have and unfortunately its not much.no shops here in atchison,ks and wmart got rid of their torture tanks...hip hip hooooray!

at least one shop in leavenworth,ks but its been a while since i been their.
for those of you who are old like myself wicks tropical fish on troost ave in kc,mo was one of the finest fish shops in kc,mo back in the 60's...and i think its still in business.allwet...
allwet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 09:34 PM   #15
cheefunk
Algae Grower

I'm in Lee's Summit, but I'm often in the Plaza/Westport area at my gf's house. Brother's pets has started carrying more plants and supplies, also the Petco on Noland Rd and 40 hwy has some quality plants the tanks are surprisingly clean most of the time. Blue ridge pets usually has a good assortment of plants too.
cheefunk is offline   Reply With Quote