The Planted Tank Forum banner

Finnex 9 Gal Schuber Wright

3K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  OhNo123 
#1 · (Edited)
I got this tank for my desktop and I plan on making this a low tech shrimp tank. Not sure which type of shrimp this tank will house, but most likely rili shrimp

Filter: Finnex PX-360 canister filter
Light: Finnex Ray II - 24"
Substrate: MGOPM topped with Tahitian Moon Sand

Fauna: 10 Painted Fire Red shrimp, Ramshorn snails, Malaysian Trumpet snails, 2 Zebra Nerites
Flora: Staurogyne Repens, Blyxa Japonica, Hydrocotyle 'Japan', Ludwigia "Red" Hybrid, Fissiden Fontanus, Mini x-mas moss

First pic (8/21) was the initial scape with ryuoh stone a week ago. I rescaped it today using lava rocks (8/27)

Last picture is the latest picture of the tank (10/11)

Attachments

See less See more
#10 · (Edited)
Update - 9/18

It's been awhile since my first post so here's an update..

2 days after I rescaped with lava rocks, I decided to make this tank high-tech. I swapped out the lava rock with ryuoh stone again.

Equipment changes: Switched out the sponge prefilter with a stainless steel mesh one and swapped out the 16" Finnex Fugeray with a 24" Ray II. Also added a 20oz CO2 tank running on the Red Sea Paintball CO2 system with Solenoid.

Flora changes: I removed the java fern, anubias nana petite, and crypt parva to my now low-tech Spec V. I planted this tank's foreground with Staurogyne Repens which seems to be doing really well. Mid-ground consists of Hemianthus Glomeratus, Hydrocotyle 'Japan', and Blyxa Japonica. Mini x-mas moss is superglued to the top of the wood and fissidens is superglued to most rocks around the tank and also part of the wood. I only have a few stems of Ludwigia "Red" Hybrid right now, but I plan on making that the entire background

Fauna changes: The 3 swordtail fry was removed yesterday when 10 rili shrimps were introduced. The 3 cherry/sakura shrimp were moved to my 2.5g peacock gudgeon fry tank. One of them got berried within 12 hours of being moved into that tank :D

I actually had no intentions of breeding peacock gudgeons, but they're breeding for me so I decided to see if I can raise the fry. They're about 3 weeks old and have been living off HBH Baby Bites. There's ~25 in the tank, but if just 5 survive to adulthood I'll be happy.

Attachments

#11 ·
Update - 10/11

I'm pretty amazed by the growth in the past 3 weeks. To me it didn't seem like much changed until I compared the previous picture. Since then, I removed the Rili shrimp 2 weeks ago into the 2.5g peacock gudgeon fry tank and within 1 week, 3 became berried. This tank currently houses 20 PFR shrimp, but I don't know if the CO2 will hinder them from breeding.. hopefully not

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.