RAOK - Free Tanks to Good Home - Local Pickup
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > Kentucky

Old 08-25-2013, 09:24 PM   #1
acmarauder
Algae Grower

PTrader: (3/100%)

RAOK - Free Tanks to Good Home - Local Pickup

To all local KY/OH members:

I am looking for someone who can better care for my aquariums than I am currently able to do myself. I'm going through a divorce, and many things are happening in my life as a result which prevent me from taking the appropriate care of my two tanks.

I have a 10g and a 2g setup, as well as a TON of stuff for them. Everything you need to take care of both tanks for quite some time..and then some. Both tanks are planted and established.

One tank is home to a male betta, 4 corydoras, and an assassin snail (for the pond snails I have inherited). There are plenty of plants in the 10G, but algae seems to win every single time. The light is a 15w T8 strip, filter is a AC20, and a top fin heater. Gravel base. Amazon sword, frogbit, bacopa, java fern, driftwood w/anubias attached, water onion. I may be forgetting other stuff, but it's a very beautiful tank when properly cared for.

The other tank is a Fluval Spec 2g with the upgraded Fluval PCL light. I even have a spare new bulb in the box for the light. This tank will grow pretty much everything that fits in it, and I also have a fluval CO2 20g setup that is not installed. I have a spare bulb for the new spec light. This tank houses cherry shrimp from Jake (local) and has quite an established colony now. Plants are java moss, bacopa, duckweed, dwarf hairgrass, some other plant that isnt growng well, and two rocks. Fluval Shrimp Stratum substrate. I have tons of other stuff to go with these tanks.

I would like this to go to someone who has a passion for aquariums, and I'm a very good judge of character. Just know this is quite a bit of an investment and if you're only speaking up because you'd like to resell it, I will know who you are and you will be denied. Ultimately, this was a passion of mine and given my circumstances I cannot properly care for my tanks. Both tanks have timers/ etc... I have no idea how much money I have invested in these tanks but they are both quality components that grow algae just like the top of the line stuff.

Anyway, post up if you'd like to be considered. Tell me why you'd be a good fit for my tanks. I'll probably make my decision by next weekend. Please be able to pick up the tanks and have your own means to transport the fauna safely. I simply ask you post up some pics in this section to keep me updated on how the tanks are doing from time to time, after all these are my pets and I do care for them.

Thanks to all who read,
acmarauder

Last edited by acmarauder; 08-26-2013 at 11:33 AM.. Reason: Changed title
acmarauder is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-27-2013, 02:21 AM   #2
jessiesa
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Hey. I'm interested in your tanks. When I moved to the Lexington area in February, I had to get rid of my 75 gallon planted tank. I've been searching for a small tank for a little while now, and an established tank would be great. I'm definitely not scared of a little algae. I mastered that in my old tank. Where are they located?
jessiesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 02:46 AM   #3
merckey
Algae Grower

PTrader: (4/100%)

Hi, Sorry to hear about that!
I would like to help to take care of the 2 gallon tank. I have a 4.5g and a 10g planted tanks. One with ghost shrimps and another is a red cherry shrimp tank.
I also have a 20g that hosts for 1 silver dollar and 1 kissing gourami I purchased 3 years ago.
I am living in Lexington, but I would to pick it up around Kentucky area if not to far away.
Some shots.

merckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 12:59 PM   #4
acmarauder
Algae Grower

Tanks are located in Walton, KY 41094. About 1hr north of Lexington right at the I71/75 merge.

merckey, I wish I could learn to care for a tank like you do - Those are amazing tanks! I'd certainly lean your way for re-homing my 2g tank since you have experience with the shrimp.

jessiesa, would you be interested in the 10g?
Old 08-27-2013, 02:05 PM   #5
jessiesa
Algae Grower

Hey, I am actually planning an rcs/crs tank for my office, so that was the one I was really interested in. I used to have a reef tank and the shrimp were my favorite part of the tank so I was hoping combine my love of planted tanks with cute shrimp. You can go ahead and let someone else take them.
jessiesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 01:35 PM   #6
acmarauder
Algae Grower

Ok folks, I am extremely sorry for the delay - I've been fought for every last thing in my home and didn't want to be accused of dissipating assets for rehoming my pets. Luckily she didn't argue my tanks were hers also in mediation, so since they're not on her list of everything she's taking I can now give them away.

I need to get them rehomed as soon as possible. Can anyone come this Saturday, Oct 26, to pick up both tanks? If so, please give me a ballpark time you can be in 41094 zip code and a phone number you can be reached via private message. Please come prepared to carry fish, inverts, plants, tanks, equipment, etc.. safely to their new location.

I am not asking anything financially, just that my pets go to a good home and not taken to be resold for a profit. This is a nearly $800-1000 gain for someone, I'd like to see it go to a great home.
Old 10-24-2013, 01:53 PM   #7
Dobie Swift
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by acmarauder View Post
Ok folks, I am extremely sorry for the delay - I've been fought for every last thing in my home and didn't want to be accused of dissipating assets for rehoming my pets. Luckily she didn't argue my tanks were hers also in mediation, so since they're not on her list of everything she's taking I can now give them away.

I need to get them rehomed as soon as possible. Can anyone come this Saturday, Oct 26, to pick up both tanks? If so, please give me a ballpark time you can be in 41094 zip code and a phone number you can be reached via private message. Please come prepared to carry fish, inverts, plants, tanks, equipment, etc.. safely to their new location.

I am not asking anything financially, just that my pets go to a good home and not taken to be resold for a profit. This is a nearly $800-1000 gain for someone, I'd like to see it go to a great home.
PM sent.
Old 10-24-2013, 04:51 PM   #8
acmarauder
Algae Grower

Tanks on hold, will notify if anything changes. Thanks all!
Old 10-26-2013, 05:53 PM   #9
Dobie Swift
Algae Grower

Thanks for the phenomenal RAOK ACMARAUDER. I made it home without incident and I am working at getting everything situated. The plants from the 10 are in my 40 now and the 10 is setup and the water tests look good. I'm going to let the filter run overnight and then double check the water tomorrow. It is all looks good then I will drip acclimate the corys and then transfer them. The betta is chilling in it's own vase right now and seems quite content.

The shrimp tank did great and I have been able to count 26 shrimp so far.

Thanks again.
Old 10-28-2013, 02:37 PM   #10
acmarauder
Algae Grower

You're very welcome, thanks for being well prepared to transport the tanks safely.

Glad to hear they're safe in their new home, you were a great guy to deal with.

I really love this forum, the people have been very kind with the PM's concerning my situation - just know that no matter how much a raging sociopath tries to take, it feels so great to walk away with pride and trust in God's plan that things will work out just fine. Besides, who wants to move crap anyway!!!! I have received so much grace throughout this entire process and can't thank everyone enough for their kind words.

PS - She signed the final paperwork - $20k later I'm a free man!!!!!!