First time planter
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Forums > The Lounge & Introductions

Old 11-26-2013, 12:41 AM   #1
Sunrise City Rider
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)

First time planter

I want to thank everyone for this wonderful resource of planted tank knowledge. I am a beginner to all things aquatic and I believe I have gotten bitten by the freshwater bug. I only wanted to reward my 5 and 2 year old boys for bringing true happiness into my wife and my lives. And now I have gotten arm pits deep into planting our 27 gallon marineland cube.
What started out with just 8 neon tetras, 6 black/silver mollies, 6 hatchet fish and 3 Otos has grown into some Ludwigia, Wisteria, Green Temple, & Staurogene Repens. Along with DIY CO2 with a marineland 660r power head coughing out the bubbles, a Marineland Penguin 150 HOB and Hagen Mini Elite for circulation. Osmocote plus tabs and EI Dosing as well as a quad Odyssea T5HO 72 watt strip and I have officially gone all in with this whole aquatic gardener thing.

I am enjoying this hobby and my boys are loving the way we can see the growth and development of all things living right in our living room. If I can give one bit if advice to any parent of a young child, get them a tank and plant it. Thanks again for welcoming me into this very cool community. Now my wife has another thing to complain about me spending too much time on. But this time, I have my boys backing me up.

Zee
Sunrise City Rider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2013, 11:43 AM   #2
Synyster1337
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Be strong with your credit card and dead presidents, because if you like it enough, multiple tank syndrome will hit and cause drama with the wifey hahaha. It's been great for me! Everyone always asks me with as much as I know about fish tanks, why not saltwater? Answer is, I've been addicted to planted tanks, low and high tech, haha. Welcome to the forum and hobby!
Old 11-26-2013, 01:48 PM   #3
drewsuf82
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (46/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synyster1337 View Post
Be strong with your credit card and dead presidents, because if you like it enough, multiple tank syndrome will hit and cause drama with the wifey hahaha. It's been great for me! Everyone always asks me with as much as I know about fish tanks, why not saltwater? Answer is, I've been addicted to planted tanks, low and high tech, haha. Welcome to the forum and hobby!
What he said lol

Although I've gotten my tanks to where they pay for themselves now. I've gotten many a good deal on craigslist as well
drewsuf82 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-26-2013, 03:41 PM   #4
Sunrise City Rider
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)

This tank was a Craigslist buy. Saved about $150 up front. I'm already working on a small pond. Lol
Sunrise City Rider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.