Looking for kind souls in Northern kentucky area
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > Kentucky


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2013, 04:16 PM   #1
sadchevy
Planted Member
 
PTrader: (0/0%)
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: falmouth ,ky
Posts: 290
Default

Looking for kind souls in Northern kentucky area


I'm extremely happy to be part of this community at TPT. As the title suggests I'm looking for members kind enough to help with RAOK's to help me with filling in my 125g and of course the chance to meet some of you members in the area.
__________________
125g makeover ,2x75g, 55g, 40g breeder, 29g, 2x10g, 100g stock pond..........MTS ? Nahhhhhh
Fraternity of dirt #135 The 6 Foot Plus Club

sadchevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-12-2014, 03:33 AM   #2
familytank
Algae Grower
 
familytank's Avatar
 
PTrader: (2/100%)
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Ft Thomas, KY
Posts: 28
Default Nky

hey neighbor, I am up in northern most nky by cincinnati. I am brand new to this site and I am not positive what the ROAK is but my tank is also newly started and Id be happy to share plants that get trimmed or multiply
familytank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 04:42 AM   #3
FatherLandDescendant
Planted Tank Enthusiast
 
FatherLandDescendant's Avatar
 
PTrader: (0/0%)
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: In the hills of Eastern Kentucky, USA
Posts: 588
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by familytank View Post
hey neighbor, I am up in northern most nky by cincinnati. I am brand new to this site and I am not positive what the ROAK is but my tank is also newly started and Id be happy to share plants that get trimmed or multiply

They're about 45 minnutes south of you

I'm right at 2 hours south of you myself
FatherLandDescendant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 02:57 PM   #4
familytank
Algae Grower
 
familytank's Avatar
 
PTrader: (2/100%)
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Ft Thomas, KY
Posts: 28
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatherLandDescendant View Post
They're about 45 minnutes south of you

I'm right at 2 hours south of you myself
yea I am in falmouth fairly often. as my wife always says about me, I get around. your 2 hrs aye,,, your down in some nice country. I like it down a lil bit further tho. the gorge area is my favorite
__________________
trial & error is a great way to learn, although sometimes expensive

http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/al...?albumid=17513
110Gal
2 Golden Rams 2 Electric Blue Rams 2 German Blue Rams 2 Cory cats 7 Long fin Tetras 12 Rasboras 6 Fancytail Guppies 20 Neon Tetras 2 plecostomus 1 is albino 2 Candy cane Tetras 5 White tip Tetras
familytank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 03:04 PM   #5
FatherLandDescendant
Planted Tank Enthusiast
 
FatherLandDescendant's Avatar
 
PTrader: (0/0%)
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: In the hills of Eastern Kentucky, USA
Posts: 588
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by familytank View Post
yea I am in falmouth fairly often. as my wife always says about me, I get around. your 2 hrs aye,,, your down in some nice country. I like it down a lil bit further tho. the gorge area is my favorite
I'm about 10 minutes from Cave Run Lake, if that
FatherLandDescendant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 02:53 PM   #6
jmeister
Algae Grower
 
jmeister's Avatar
 
PTrader: (4/100%)
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Lexington, KY
Posts: 55
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatherLandDescendant View Post
I'm about 10 minutes from Cave Run Lake, if that
I spent 5yrs at MSU and most of those days on the trails & rocks around that area.
jmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 03:17 PM   #7
sadchevy
Planted Member
 
PTrader: (0/0%)
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: falmouth ,ky
Posts: 290
Default

Glad to see some life here in Kentucky. I live just south of Falmouth, but I work all over the IOK intersection. On my days off, when the chance arises, I spend as much time as possible in the southern part of the state, usually around the Cumberland/Laurel lake area. Been to Cave Run a few times, and I live about 250ft from the Licking river.
Would be nice to get some plant swapping going. There are a few plants I would like to try growing without having to risk the expense or postal system( I work long variable hours). I would rather take the time to meet others and come away from that meeting with a clipping of some plant to try and/or just come away with a new friendship. This is a lonely hobby, the more friends we have with similar interests, the less lonely it gets.
__________________
125g makeover ,2x75g, 55g, 40g breeder, 29g, 2x10g, 100g stock pond..........MTS ? Nahhhhhh
Fraternity of dirt #135 The 6 Foot Plus Club

sadchevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 06:43 PM   #8
swampreefer
Newbie
 
PTrader: (0/0%)
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: nky
Posts: 2
Default

I'm in the Union area, about 20 miles south of Cincinnati. I would love to swap plants with everyone, but all I have is the common val. I'm low tech right now and that seems to be the only thing I can get to survive
swampreefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 07:04 AM   #9
familytank
Algae Grower
 
familytank's Avatar
 
PTrader: (2/100%)
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Ft Thomas, KY
Posts: 28
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampreefer View Post
I'm in the Union area, about 20 miles south of Cincinnati. I would love to swap plants with everyone, but all I have is the common val. I'm low tech right now and that seems to be the only thing I can get to survive
nice and close, I work in Hebron for Amazon.com. I can probably hook you up with some plants when I start trimming mine.

Bump:
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatherLandDescendant View Post
I'm about 10 minutes from Cave Run Lake, if that
WOW I would love to be that close to cave run lake. undoubtedly my favorite lake. Musky heaven.
__________________
trial & error is a great way to learn, although sometimes expensive

http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/al...?albumid=17513
110Gal
2 Golden Rams 2 Electric Blue Rams 2 German Blue Rams 2 Cory cats 7 Long fin Tetras 12 Rasboras 6 Fancytail Guppies 20 Neon Tetras 2 plecostomus 1 is albino 2 Candy cane Tetras 5 White tip Tetras
familytank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 08:40 AM   #10
FatherLandDescendant
Planted Tank Enthusiast
 
FatherLandDescendant's Avatar
 
PTrader: (0/0%)
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: In the hills of Eastern Kentucky, USA
Posts: 588
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by familytank View Post
WOW I would love to be that close to cave run lake. undoubtedly my favorite lake. Musky heaven.
I'm into fish, just not fishing, I've been over to the lake once supervising clients from work so I didn't get to do/see much. Also seeing as how I work an overnight schedule, makes it rough to go to the lake.

I would prefer to hike being right in the middle of the Daniel Boon and Red River Gorge area. But between my schedule, the fact that my health hasn't been the best this summer (might help if I quit smoking), and having to travel back and forth to Louisville when I do have free time to help my parents.....

Last summer I was in Montana the whole summer, I went hiking ALL the time, camping, snowshoeing... Had a lot of fun last summer, when my parents finally pass I just may look at a permanent relocation back to the Rocky Mountains Glacier National Park area
FatherLandDescendant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 03:00 AM   #11
familytank
Algae Grower
 
familytank's Avatar
 
PTrader: (2/100%)
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Ft Thomas, KY
Posts: 28
Default Red river gorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatherLandDescendant View Post
I'm into fish, just not fishing, I've been over to the lake once supervising clients from work so I didn't get to do/see much. Also seeing as how I work an overnight schedule, makes it rough to go to the lake.

I would prefer to hike being right in the middle of the Daniel Boon and Red River Gorge area. But between my schedule, the fact that my health hasn't been the best this summer (might help if I quit smoking), and having to travel back and forth to Louisville when I do have free time to help my parents.....

Last summer I was in Montana the whole summer, I went hiking ALL the time, camping, snowshoeing... Had a lot of fun last summer, when my parents finally pass I just may look at a permanent relocation back to the Rocky Mountains Glacier National Park area

Yes the Red River Gorge is one of the most beautiful and unusual places in the world. I have hiked many miles there, also climbed and repelled off of many rock formations (back when it was alowed). If you never have make sure you do before you move away. either late fall which is very cool or early spring or even winter if you can thats when you can see many rock formations that are usually unseeable when the leaves are on the trees. Hope your health lets you get back to the woods
__________________
trial & error is a great way to learn, although sometimes expensive

http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/al...?albumid=17513
110Gal
2 Golden Rams 2 Electric Blue Rams 2 German Blue Rams 2 Cory cats 7 Long fin Tetras 12 Rasboras 6 Fancytail Guppies 20 Neon Tetras 2 plecostomus 1 is albino 2 Candy cane Tetras 5 White tip Tetras
familytank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 03:13 AM   #12
FatherLandDescendant
Planted Tank Enthusiast
 
FatherLandDescendant's Avatar
 
PTrader: (0/0%)
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: In the hills of Eastern Kentucky, USA
Posts: 588
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by familytank View Post
Yes the Red River Gorge is one of the most beautiful and unusual places in the world. I have hiked many miles there, also climbed and repelled off of many rock formations (back when it was alowed). If you never have make sure you do before you move away. either late fall which is very cool or early spring or even winter if you can thats when you can see many rock formations that are usually unseeable when the leaves are on the trees. Hope your health lets you get back to the woods

It's this dang Ohio Valley that gets my lungs out of wack, I didn't have these problems in Montana. I've done some hiking in the Gorge, not as much as I'd like to, but it (at lest to me) doesn't hold a candle to Glacier National Park in Montana. When I was out there last year I was 15 miles from the west entrance, and since I have a life time pass to all national parks, I was there every weekend

If I can ever go back I will, but it's looking like I'm here in KY for a good long while
FatherLandDescendant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 10:42 PM   #13
familytank
Algae Grower
 
familytank's Avatar
 
PTrader: (2/100%)
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Ft Thomas, KY
Posts: 28
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatherLandDescendant View Post
It's this dang Ohio Valley that gets my lungs out of wack, I didn't have these problems in Montana. I've done some hiking in the Gorge, not as much as I'd like to, but it (at lest to me) doesn't hold a candle to Glacier National Park in Montana. When I was out there last year I was 15 miles from the west entrance, and since I have a life time pass to all national parks, I was there every weekend

If I can ever go back I will, but it's looking like I'm here in KY for a good long while
Well thats a shame if your not happy here. I personally Love it here in KY and have no plans on ever living elsewhere although I would like to visit several places and Montana ,Colorado are a few on the top of my list. I love the mountain areas flat land does not do much for me. The Gorge may not be as vast as the park you refer to but it is unlike any other due to its arches and rock formations it also has an interesting history
I noticed you have no tank pics, what do you have? I am new to tpt just recently was bitten by the plant bug. I am at the moment researching the best way to start a scape in a 20G i just found in my basement. y 110G is all planted and just waiting for it all to grow out
__________________
trial & error is a great way to learn, although sometimes expensive

http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/al...?albumid=17513
110Gal
2 Golden Rams 2 Electric Blue Rams 2 German Blue Rams 2 Cory cats 7 Long fin Tetras 12 Rasboras 6 Fancytail Guppies 20 Neon Tetras 2 plecostomus 1 is albino 2 Candy cane Tetras 5 White tip Tetras
familytank is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright Planted Tank LLC 2012