Bolsy's small tank
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Tank Journals

Old 01-02-2014, 09:02 AM   #1
bolsy
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Bolsy's small tank

Hi All
I thought i would post a journal, with a few photos of how one of my tanks has evolved.
Firstly some specks about the tank. It's just a Aqua One 510 (Roughly 20 US gallons), it's a low tech tank with manufacturers lighting, and trickle filter.
The rocks are from the far north of the state, a place called Woomera, Retailer gets them in.
Plants are low light, All the usual suspects- Anubias species, crypts, needle leaf and dwarf java, and a bit of bolbitis.
My plans for this tank in the future are to make it a fully Australian native fish and plant tank. the native fish I have on order, but am still researching what plants to eventually put in the tank. I'm hoping to be able to keep the tank low tech with the native plants as well.
The fish gowing into the tank are blue eyes (Pseudomugil gertrudae, Pseudomugil tenellus,) and empire gudgeons.
The first picture is the after how it looked the first time i planted it from their I attempted a rock scape and how it looks now with a bit of tweaking and a few more rocks.

bolsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement