Aquarium Co-Op Plant Swap Saturday August 17th.
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > Washington

Old 08-01-2013, 07:57 AM   #1
CoryWM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Aquarium Co-Op Plant Swap Saturday August 17th.

Plant Swap Guidelines

How does the plant swap work?
Everyone brings 1 bagged plant and puts it on the table. You then grab a raffle ticket. Once the raffle starts, names will be called out to go pick from the table. Youíre allowed to pick 1 plant.

What should I bring?
Bring a plant in good condition you think someone would be happy to have. Itís best to bring a few stems, or bag of plants etc. More in the bag helps ensure the new owner will be successful with it. Bring a new species each month. You canít bring the same plant more than once to the swap.

What should I not bring?
Duckweed. Plants infested with algae.

Can I bring extra plants?
Surely! Just donít put them on the table. Youíre free to swap amongst the group.

What happens if I forget my plant or donít own one?
You may buy a plant from the shop to put on the table.

What if I want to sell something?
Lets be real here. This is a meetup. Itís a great place to set up deals with other people to trade, sell and buy. This is all permitted on a hobbyist level. This is not the venue to setup your aquatic store. In the spirit of continuing these events Iíd hope that people will appreciate the event and support the store when they can.

When and Where?
The 3rd Saturday of each month at 7pm. This event takes place at:
Aquarium Co-Op
9661 Firdale Ave
Edmonds Wa. 98020
RSVP on the event facebook page of aquarium co-op. www.facebook.com/aquariumcoop

What to do after?
The shop closes at 8pm. At that point weíll find somewhere to talk fish and grab food/drinks. Some places that might work well are Dicks Drive In parking lot in the summer and Dennyís when itís colder and raining?
Advertisement

Old 08-08-2013, 05:42 PM   #2
CoryWM
Algae Grower

Wanted to put a link directly to the facebook RSVP. Who is going to be able to make it?

https://www.facebook.com/events/150827125116426/
Old 08-09-2013, 12:11 AM   #3
LuminousAphid

Default Sounds fun

I'll try to make it, if I can work around my work schedule.

I was gonna bring some doughnuts to the store today, but forgot you are closed... my roommates appreciate that, though, since they now get to have em.

Also, I'm gonna attach some pics of some green hygro I got at the fish store last thurs. which is kinda ratty, but is showing nice, compact new growth under the Finnex LED. And I haven't added flourish since then either, just a bit of excel. Money well spend, I'd say.

The anubia also have a lot less algae (almost none) on their big leaves, and I can see a little new growth from the amazon swords, so I think the light brought the tank much closer to a good balance. Now I just need more plants!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0851.jpg (42.4 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0854.jpg (51.7 KB, 1 views)
LuminousAphid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-09-2013, 02:55 AM   #4
CoryWM
Algae Grower

Oh man.. Donuts... I trade plants for Donuts
Old 08-10-2013, 11:55 PM   #5
LuminousAphid

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoryWM View Post
Oh man.. Donuts... I trade plants for Donuts
Damn... I wish I had seen this last night! Oh well, those plants are sa-weet, and I also got a little horned nerite on one of them that has an awesome pattern/coloring, so it was worth the purchase for sure.

Now I just need to make sure I don't burn you out on them by bringing em all the time
LuminousAphid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.