are these good ferts to buy?
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Fertilizers and Water Parameters

Old 08-01-2013, 05:04 AM   #1
fish_22
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)
are these good ferts to buy?

would this be a good fertilizer combo to buy? is it a good price? does it have what i need for effective fertilizing? i will only be dosing for a 10gal and 5 gal, each with med lighting, so I will use tiny quantities so it should last for a while.
also, will they alter the water parameters (such as ph, kh, gh, no3, no2)?

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/Produc...m?pcatid=23830

thanks!
fish_22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-01-2013, 05:19 AM   #2
jpappy789
Wannabe Guru

On smaller, low tech tanks the Flourish line is fine. It's expensive compared to buying dry (which always gives you the option of making liquid doses) but not terribly overpriced.

The Flourish N does contain nitrate, so that would have an effect on the NO3 readings, but nothing drastic.

Reading their sales pitch, it does seem though that Seachem has bought into the PO4 = algae notion, but I do recall them having a Flourish Phosphorus. Something you might want to think about getting too in the future if you have luck with these ferts. Whether or not you need any extra P depends on your plants and background levels though.
Old 08-01-2013, 05:24 AM   #3
fish_22
Planted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpappy789 View Post
On smaller, low tech tanks the Flourish line is fine. It's expensive compared to buying dry (which always gives you the option of making liquid doses) but not terribly overpriced.

The Flourish N does contain nitrate, so that would have an effect on the NO3 readings, but nothing drastic.

Reading their sales pitch, it does seem though that Seachem has bought into the PO4 = algae notion, but I do recall them having a Flourish Phosphorus. Something you might want to think about getting too in the future if you have luck with these ferts. Whether or not you need any extra P depends on your plants and background levels though.
ok, thanks! I might go with these then because i don't want to deal with dry ferts. I don't know my phosphorus levels right now, but I will keep that in mind if my plants are still showing deficiencies after a few months.
fish_22 is offline   Reply With Quote