I HATE the post office!
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Forums > The Lounge & Introductions

Old 07-29-2013, 03:14 PM   #1
secuono
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (26/96%)
Angry

I HATE the post office!

They lost one box a few weeks ago, everything was correct, right address, right zip code, right everything! They sent it out, delivered to the wrong addresses and then shipped it back. Now they are refusing to refund shipping on their own mistake!

Then, I shipped another box the other week. It left my State and is lost in limbo. No one can help me find it, worker at my PO is being an ***.

What the heck am I supposed to do now??
Anyone dealt with these issues? Have you been able to get a refund, if so, how? Did your box ever show up, any other way to find it?

Hate, hate, hate the post office!!

Rant over...
secuono is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-29-2013, 03:26 PM   #2
somewhatshocked
Obsessed? Maybe

PTrader: (430/100%)

Contact your postmaster. If they aren't helpful, use the customer service links on usps.com. Always works for me.
somewhatshocked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 04:14 PM   #3
ua hua
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (50/100%)

I know it can be frustrating but you have to realize out of the billions of pieces of mail that are sent all around the country in a matter of days that there is bound to be mistakes. Nothing is perfect especially a service ran by the govt.
All matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death life is only a dream which is an imagination of ourselves. Bill Hicks
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
ua hua's 90 gal. high tech
ua hua's 5,000 gal. water garden
ua hua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 04:45 PM   #4
crice8
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (31/100%)

I had a flat rate box with shrimp that was sent to me that went missing. After about two weeks we finally just gave up. then on day 16 it arrived. It was in another bigger box with a letter saying it was sent to the post facility due to getting messed up in the process. The box that is was shipped in was inside this box along with the contents. The box literally looked like someone drove over it with a car about 10 times to flaten it and the carboard was demolished. The shrimp that were inside were smushed to a soup... THe letter also said that they did their best to match the original contents. They did absolutely nothing...
crice8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 04:47 PM   #5
owens81jw
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (16/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by secuono View Post
They lost one box a few weeks ago, everything was correct, right address, right zip code, right everything! They sent it out, delivered to the wrong addresses and then shipped it back. Now they are refusing to refund shipping on their own mistake!

Then, I shipped another box the other week. It left my State and is lost in limbo. No one can help me find it, worker at my PO is being an ***.

What the heck am I supposed to do now??
Anyone dealt with these issues? Have you been able to get a refund, if so, how? Did your box ever show up, any other way to find it?

Hate, hate, hate the post office!!

Rant over...
I called the 1 800 Number, I spoke with someone who put a claim in, he said someone should get back to me 1-2 days!!! Im sad all those great vals are 99% dead now, but im hoping that 205 filter find its way to my house!!
owens81jw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 04:52 PM   #6
secuono
Planted Tank Enthusiast

I really hope it shows up as well.
=(
Makes me so worried more of the boxes will go missing.

2 going missing in 3ish weeks is a pretty annoying coincidence.
Old 07-29-2013, 05:04 PM   #7
sarahspins
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (2/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crice8 View Post
THe letter also said that they did their best to match the original contents. They did absolutely nothing...
That doesn't imply that they replace anything... all it means is that they did their best to match up the original contents with what remains of the packaging. Typically when a package is damaged in handling it's not an isolated event, in the event of a jam in the machinery your package/items could be mixed up with others. I've received completely empty boxes before, taped up with a nice note from the post office.

Also, I once sent a package to my sister who only lives 3 hours away that went missing.. 4 or 5 months later it showed up at my door marked as "undeliverable" - there's no way her address was incorrect or anything else weird with it, and the package was undamaged. Unfortunately it was a baby gift and my nephew had outgrown everything I sent by the time I got it back.
sarahspins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 05:13 PM   #8
oldpunk78
ಠ_ಠ

PTrader: (106/100%)

Always buy insurance.

I'm constantly shipping $500 regulators out to folks. Imagine if one of those suckers gets mangled or lost. I always hate waiting for them to arrive.

Stupid post office...
oldpunk78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 10:28 PM   #9
secuono
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpunk78 View Post
Always buy insurance.

I'm constantly shipping $500 regulators out to folks. Imagine if one of those suckers gets mangled or lost. I always hate waiting for them to arrive.

Stupid post office...
I've started doing that with my most recent RAOK on Sunday. Looks like it's free for $25 and under that I checked so far.
Old 07-29-2013, 10:28 PM   #10
mordalphus
These pants? are fancy.

PTrader: (272/100%)

All priority mail packages are insured for 250 dollars and additional insurance is available.

It does not count living things though. But no carrier insures living things, it's too much of a liability.

And if your local PO is losing things, you need to inform the postmaster generals office, they will conduct an investigation and try to find what is going so wrong.

I'm lucky enough that 99.9% of my packages going to and from me are delivered and handled well. It's usually one or two employees that are just not doing their jobs.
mordalphus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 10:43 PM   #11
ThatGuyWithTheFish
perugiae

PTrader: (23/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpunk78 View Post
Always buy insurance.

Stupid post office...
It's called insurance.

"Boulders-Upon-Meadow"

My Golden Rule of planted tanks: WWTAD-
"What would Takashi Amano do?"

RAOK Club #69
ThatGuyWithTheFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 01:55 AM   #12
Da Plant Man
Nerd Alert.

PTrader: (74/100%)

I guess I'm lucky to live in such a small town that even when something gets shipped to my street address, it ends up in my post office because they see the name and know where it goes, rather than by address.

Hope it all goes well!

RAOK CLUB #12
Wabi-kusa Pimp #1
"99% of the time, a fish tank with plants will fail. Once you start a dedicated planted tank with fish, then you begin to succeed." - Geniusdudekiran
Da Plant Man is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 01:56 AM   #13
stealthypotatoes
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (23/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuyWithTheFish View Post
It's called insurance.
The insurance they offer is BS. I sold an iPhone on eBay and bought $400 insurance. The phone arrived cracked and when I went to make a claim, all they did was send a letter 4 months later saying that they received my claim request.
As far as shipping small stuff like $1-20 worth than USPS is the way to go. For more expensive stuff. UPS would be much better. Sometimes USPS don't even knock. I bought an iPad mini and stayed home for a day. They left the package there since 9AM and I found out it was delivered late at night. UPS sometimes comes late. When it says estimated delivery by the end of they day; they're not always on time. When you call their customer support they always say that all driver's shift ends when they deliver all packages in their truck.
stealthypotatoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 05:18 PM   #14
junaid368
Algae Grower

PTrader: (4/100%)

sorry for you misfortune. I've been using USPS for about 5 years now (mostly for eBay) and have never lost a package (well, only one, due to my own mistake). I always use priority mail or first class and get a tracking number.

I would say if you are shipping packages a little bigger (perhaps something bigger than 1ft on any side) than I have found fedex to be cheaper compared to UPS and usually is pretty fast (2-5 days.)
junaid368 is offline   Reply With Quote