Interest in Nano CO2 setups.......
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Equipment

Old 12-07-2006, 09:11 PM   #1
Rex Grigg
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (65/100%)
Send a message via ICQ to Rex Grigg Send a message via AIM to Rex Grigg

Interest in Nano CO2 setups.......

I'm wondering how much interest there is in some Nano CO2 setups.

These would be the little regulators, solenoid, needle valve and check valve. With the bracket to hang it on the tank. The regulator will accept any standard paint ball cylinder with 0.625-18 threads.

The cost would be $175 delivered in the US. This price would only apply if I can get 7 orders. Otherwise the cost is much closer to $220 each.
Rex Grigg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2006, 09:15 PM   #2
turbowagon
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (40/100%)

I'm interested.
turbowagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 11:50 PM   #3
BigB
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)

i say do it, Paintball cylinders are becoming more popular. I was looking into the Red sea kit but its plastic and about 140. So 170 isnt that bad!
BigB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 01:43 AM   #4
Rex Grigg
Planted Tank Guru

If there is interest I will take deposits. I have to have about $1k out of pocket to make this work. And I can't afford to spend that kind of money without knowing I have a market for it.

They will be very similar to the ADA regulators with the gauge. They would have 12 volt solenoids (you would be required to obtain and wire in the wall wart). Clippard needle valve and check valve. Bracket to hang the system on the side of the tank.
Old 12-08-2006, 01:50 AM   #5
<Frawg>
Planted Member

PTrader: (4/100%)

I am interested Rex - I am also a rank newbie.

I have kept aquariums in the past (15 to 55 gallons) but have never gone for anything other than the under gravel filter type tank.

What I would need to know is, what does the system entail (a complete description - a pic would be great!) and what would it cost (approximately) to refill?

If you would rather email me this offline - I understand that.

I have been shopping for a good, all glass (not necessarily the brand), nano tank. Preferrably seamless. From 5 to 8 gallons or so. I'll be keeping some type of shrimp and some type of Microrasbora. Since someone else seems to have misunderstood - I'm just saying that this is the (future) tank that I would use this system on.

But I am definitely interested.

Scott
Sanford, Maine
<Frawg> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 01:55 AM   #6
epicfish
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (266/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by <Frawg> View Post
I am interested Rex - I am also a rank newbie.

I have kept aquariums in the past (15 to 55 gallons) but have never gone for anything other than the under gravel filter type tank.

What I would need to know is, what does the system entail (a complete description - a pic would be great!) and what would it cost (approximately) to refill?

If you would rather email me this offline - I understand that.

I have been shopping for a good, all glass (not necessarily the brand), nano tank. Preferrably seamless. From 5 to 8 gallons or so. I'll be keeping some type of shrimp and some type of Microrasbora.

But I am definitely interested.

Scott
Sanford, Maine
Er?

This is for a CO2 setup. Tank, regulator, needle valve, solenoid, etc...not for the tank itself. =)
epicfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 02:02 AM   #7
<Frawg>
Planted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by epicfish View Post
Er?

This is for a CO2 setup. Tank, regulator, needle valve, solenoid, etc...not for the tank itself. =)
No joke?!? I was just explaining where I was at in the process (where I'd be using the system).

Thanks for the thought though,

s

[edit: and I'm sorry you're offended, but pointing out that I appear to be clueless felt kind of offensive to me.]
Old 12-08-2006, 02:11 AM   #8
epicfish
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (266/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by <Frawg> View Post
No joke?!? I was just explaining where I was at in the process (where I'd be using the system).

Thanks for the thought though,

s
Might wanna tone that language down. This forum has readers/members within a wide variety of ages.

And with that, sorry for hijacking Rex's thread.
epicfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 02:13 AM   #9
dhavoc
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (54/100%)

im in for one maybe two. setting up more nano's and wife doesnt like the idea of yeast bottles around the house
dhavoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 03:01 AM   #10
Rex Grigg
Planted Tank Guru

They will basically be like this.

I will be selling the regulator, bracket, solenoid (without wall wart), needle valve, check valve and tubing. You will need to obtain the cylinder, 12V wall wart and diffusion method.

Cost to refill really depends on where you live. As low as a couple of bucks depending on cylinder size. These nano systems are not as cheap as a full sized system. But they are much smaller. And small will almost always cost more money.

If you are all truly interested then I will take $100 deposits on the systems. If there is not enough interest I will refund the deposits. Otherwise I when I get the 7 orders (by say the middle of next month) I will place the order and build and ship the systems.

PM for details if you need them.
Old 12-08-2006, 03:02 AM   #11
scolley
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (11/100%)

Rex, how does this relate to the Red Sea kit with respect to size? I'm not referring to the cylinder of course, but everything else.

Personally I have no interest in a hang-on-tank solution. And would like a nano tank sitting on a nano-sized stand, with hopefully nano-sized equipment in it - CO2 included.
Old 12-08-2006, 03:04 AM   #12
Rex Grigg
Planted Tank Guru

See the pictures in the linked thread. The solenoid will be a bit bigger but not much. They are actually going to be pretty compact units. I am building one early next week. I will take pictures at that time and post them.
Old 12-08-2006, 03:11 AM   #13
<Frawg>
Planted Member

Thank you - the linked thread was an excellent source of information.

Steve - the small tank doesn't seem really obtrusive. I'm planning on using this at work so I'd hang it off the back of the tank (with some type of background on the tank to provide an opaqueness). But it would certainly be nice to work it into a stand if that's what you're doing.

Rex - I'll get back to you. I need to see how badly Christmas dents the budget here.

Thanks.

Scott
Sanford, Maine
Old 12-08-2006, 03:44 AM   #14
Rex Grigg
Planted Tank Guru

I know Christmas is close. I'm open to extending the order period till the end of January at a minimum.
Old 12-08-2006, 07:58 PM   #15
actioncia
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (66/100%)

I may be able to show some pictures since Rex helped me out on most of the hardware if I just have some direction as to how to load picture into this forum or in particular this post. Regards, jC.
actioncia is offline   Reply With Quote