Guide: Arduino based LED controller for Current Satellite LED+ - Page 28
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > DIY

Old 12-27-2013, 09:00 PM   #406
dswiese
Algae Grower

PTrader: (3/100%)

@texan - yeah i need some free time as well. maybe the OP can use that link in the main post for newbies.

I am going to take this on in the near future.

@all - should I stick with the uno or go with the due if there is a chance I will want to add on to this concept for a more full tank automation? any gotcha's i should worry about ?
Advertisement

Old 12-28-2013, 11:19 PM   #407
jlboygenius

PTrader: (0/0%)

this is an awesome project!
I just got this LED light and am working to get mine setup with arduino control.

is 4.1 the most recent version?

Has anyone thought about putting the code on GitHub or something like that, to make it easier to share and version?

thanks!
jlboygenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 03:28 AM   #408
Jsty093083
Algae Grower

Been trying to follow this project for a few weeks now, have some soldering experience but not much as far as reading schematics and such. Got all the stuff listed today in the mail but I may have gotten the wrong RTC.

It has WAY more pins that any that you guys listed, pulled up a diagram and wondering if you can point me in the direction of which I would need to use?

Edit:
So I think I have it mostly figured out, but on this diagram what are the brown and purple, cant seem to locate those on my RTC.

Last edited by Jsty093083; 12-31-2013 at 09:03 PM.. Reason: 1
Jsty093083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 09:27 PM   #409
jlboygenius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsty093083 View Post
Been trying to follow this project for a few weeks now, have some soldering experience but not much as far as reading schematics and such. Got all the stuff listed today in the mail but I may have gotten the wrong RTC.

It has WAY more pins that any that you guys listed, pulled up a diagram and wondering if you can point me in the direction of which I would need to use?

Edit:
So I think I have it mostly figured out, but on this diagram what are the brown and purple, cant seem to locate those on my RTC.

I think the only pins you need to worry about are the ones in the top left. I imagine that they are all actually the same, just different ways to connect to them. I just hooked up mine, and all i needed was +5, grnd, SDA and SCL.
Old 12-31-2013, 09:37 PM   #410
Jsty093083
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlboygenius View Post
I think the only pins you need to worry about are the ones in the top left. I imagine that they are all actually the same, just different ways to connect to them. I just hooked up mine, and all i needed was +5, grnd, SDA and SCL.
alrighty, I was hoping I would be able to just copy the code all you guys had written, as I know nothing about code, without the DS wire going to 2 is it going to be messed up if I copy it?

Went into this with a lot of confidence, but gotta admit, im not feeling it anymore lol.
Old 12-31-2013, 10:51 PM   #411
jlboygenius

Quote:
alrighty, I was hoping I would be able to just copy the code all you guys had written, as I know nothing about code, without the DS wire going to 2 is it going to be messed up if I copy it?

Went into this with a lot of confidence, but gotta admit, im not feeling it anymore lol.

Hm, looks like only the arduino Uno R3's moved the sda/scl ports.
see:

this is the back, they are the top right pins
Old 01-09-2014, 07:35 PM   #412
Jsty093083
Algae Grower

Alrighty, I think i got all the hardware setup, went through some of the stuff at the beginning, with the IR sensor and remote and no issues there. Copied the latest sketch code and getting an error when trying to compile.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\DateTime\DateTime.cpp: In member function 'void DateTimeClass::setTime(time_t)':
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\DateTime\DateTime.cpp:28: error: 'millis' was not declared in this scope
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\DateTime\DateTime.cpp: In member function 'time_t DateTimeClass::now()':
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\DateTime\DateTime.cpp:43: error: 'millis' was not declared in this scope

I am very very new at this and have no code experience at all so any clue what I need to do to get this working? downloaded all the libraries needed I believe.

EDIT: figured out partly, forgot to edit the timealarm.h to 24 from 6. Now im getting:

controller_sketch.ino: In function 'void setup()':
controller_sketch:24: error: 'Alarm' was not declared in this scope
controller_sketch.ino: In function 'void loop()':
controller_sketch:41: error: 'Alarm' was not declared in this scope

Last edited by Jsty093083; 01-09-2014 at 07:58 PM.. Reason: figured partly out
Old 01-10-2014, 01:37 AM   #413
Aquatechtoo
High Tech Redneck

Quote:
Alrighty, I think i got all the hardware setup, went through some of the stuff at the beginning, with the IR sensor and remote and no issues there. Copied the latest sketch code and getting an error when trying to compile.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\DateTime\DateTime.cpp: In member function 'void DateTimeClass::setTime(time_t)':
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\DateTime\DateTime.cpp:28: error: 'millis' was not declared in this scope
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\DateTime\DateTime.cpp: In member function 'time_t DateTimeClass::now()':
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\DateTime\DateTime.cpp:43: error: 'millis' was not declared in this scope

I am very very new at this and have no code experience at all so any clue what I need to do to get this working? downloaded all the libraries needed I believe.

EDIT: figured out partly, forgot to edit the timealarm.h to 24 from 6. Now im getting:

controller_sketch.ino: In function 'void setup()':
controller_sketch:24: error: 'Alarm' was not declared in this scope
controller_sketch.ino: In function 'void loop()':
controller_sketch:41: error: 'Alarm' was not declared in this scope
You might try reading through some of the posts starting around #349. I had some of the same issues and the answers should be documented clearly enough in those who answered my posts that they may help you too.
Aquatechtoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 02:54 AM   #414
Jsty093083
Algae Grower

Alrighty, did some reading and went back and deleted my library and started from scratch. Compiled fine, but now that its loaded into my arduino im getting a blank lcd with nothing showing just line 1 and line 3 contrast bars. not sure whats happening.

I did run the hello world sketch and it worked fine, so not sure where im messed up here.

Last edited by Jsty093083; 01-10-2014 at 03:14 AM.. Reason: .
Old 01-10-2014, 02:55 AM   #415
Jsty093083
Algae Grower

Oh and im using Indychus's latest update from the front page.
Old 01-10-2014, 02:57 AM   #416
Jsty093083
Algae Grower

Woooo got it! Only question I have now may be an easy one, the clock is showing 24 minutes fast, even when hooked to my computer, not sure why, any help there? Seems my RTC is not working every time I unplug it and replug it in it starts at the same time, 2346.

Last edited by Jsty093083; 01-10-2014 at 03:37 AM.. Reason: .
Old 01-10-2014, 04:04 PM   #417
Jsty093083
Algae Grower

Got it, Indychus figured it out.

Last edited by Jsty093083; 01-11-2014 at 02:17 AM.. Reason: .
Old 01-22-2014, 05:06 AM   #418
t2ak
Algae Grower

Just put this together and it work great! Awesome job everyone. Thank you

One quick question. My clock is 6 minutes fast. How can I adjust it?

Sent using these stoopid hooves..
t2ak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 05:11 AM   #419
t2ak
Algae Grower

Also I could only get this to run on my uno. I tried my mega as I would like to add some other functions as I learn more but the led would not work. Same exact wiring as the uno too.

Old 01-22-2014, 01:49 PM   #420
t2ak
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by t2ak View Post
Also I could only get this to run on my uno. I tried my mega as I would like to add some other functions as I learn more but the led would not work. Same exact wiring as the uno too.

I figured out why pin 3 will not work. The mega's OCR2B pin is pin 9 not 3. I will test this out tonight after work.

Tags
arduino, automation, current led+, diy, light controller