Current USA PRODUCT LAUNCH - Page 6
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Sponsors > Current-USA and Ecoxotic


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2013, 08:55 PM   #76
Current USA
Sponsor
 
PTrader: (0/0%)
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Vista CA
Posts: 260
Default

my pleasure!
__________________
Visit our site at: http://www.current-usa.com/

Follow us on facebook! https://www.facebook.com/CurrentUSA
Current USA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-11-2013, 07:53 AM   #77
Green_Flash
Wannabe Guru
 
PTrader: (7/100%)
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: United States
Posts: 1,741
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Current USA View Post
Hey Green Flash,

As of now, we have no initiatives in manufacturing any tank larger than a 10 gallon.

Kevin
Why is that?
Green_Flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 12:42 PM   #78
londonloco
Planted Tank Enthusiast
 
PTrader: (1/100%)
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: virginia, usa
Posts: 696
Default

Any news on when the Pro timer will be available for purchase?
__________________
londonloco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 08:24 PM   #79
Current USA
Sponsor
 
PTrader: (0/0%)
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Vista CA
Posts: 260
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green_Flash View Post
Why is that?
They're extremely hard to ship and take up a lot of space. It's a decision to store 12 48" lights or 1 50 gallon kind of thing. It's usually not worth it. We're always looking into new things though so that might change.
__________________
Visit our site at: http://www.current-usa.com/

Follow us on facebook! https://www.facebook.com/CurrentUSA
Current USA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 08:25 PM   #80
Current USA
Sponsor
 
PTrader: (0/0%)
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Vista CA
Posts: 260
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by londonloco View Post
Any news on when the Pro timer will be available for purchase?
We will ship the ramp timer pro out in January and should be available for you guys early February!
__________________
Visit our site at: http://www.current-usa.com/

Follow us on facebook! https://www.facebook.com/CurrentUSA
Current USA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 12:57 PM   #81
naturelady
Planted Member
 
PTrader: (3/100%)
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 202
Default

Hi, I have a question about your single ramp timer:

Is it able to do 2 on/off cycles (a split photoperiod) per 24 hours?

My fluorescent fixture is starting to go on the fritz, so it's time to buy something new. I really like the looks of your Sat+, but I suspect it puts out too much light for my low-light tank. With the fluorescent (also a fixture that is too high of light to run my tank as low-light), the split photoperiod did wonders at controlling algae, and I would love to continue to do that with the Sat+... if I can. Another question, would the split photoperiod reduce the life of the LED?
naturelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 02:03 AM   #82
Dmarksvr
Algae Grower
 
Dmarksvr's Avatar
 
PTrader: (2/100%)
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: United States
Posts: 50
Default

I'm unclear how the ramp timer pro will work with the satellite plus fixtures that already have a dawn/dusk mode.

Will the pro allow me to set up dawn/dusk, automatically transition to storm or other modes then back to dawn/dusk, and then to moon light without having to reset anything or use the remote? I basically want it to run all those cycles in a 24 hour period with no interference from me. Meaning I don't wanna have to push a button every time I want the moon light on, or every time I want a storm. Will it do that for me?

Also is there any point to using just a dual ramp timer on a + fixture? What increased functionality would the dual give me on a +?
Dmarksvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 03:55 AM   #83
Brian_Cali77
Wannabe Guru
 
Brian_Cali77's Avatar
 
PTrader: (18/100%)
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 1,384
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturelady View Post
Hi, I have a question about your single ramp timer:

Is it able to do 2 on/off cycles (a split photoperiod) per 24 hours?

My fluorescent fixture is starting to go on the fritz, so it's time to buy something new. I really like the looks of your Sat+, but I suspect it puts out too much light for my low-light tank. With the fluorescent (also a fixture that is too high of light to run my tank as low-light), the split photoperiod did wonders at controlling algae, and I would love to continue to do that with the Sat+... if I can. Another question, would the split photoperiod reduce the life of the LED?
I have the single ramp timer and there's only 1 on/off cycle. It's still a great product IMO. But you shouldn't have to worry about splitting your light cycles to reduce algae because the Sat+ is dimmable. You can customize your output to your desire and save it in the memory (there's 4 memory slots).
__________________
Brian_Cali77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 04:44 PM   #84
naturelady
Planted Member
 
PTrader: (3/100%)
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 202
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian_Cali77 View Post
I have the single ramp timer and there's only 1 on/off cycle. It's still a great product IMO. But you shouldn't have to worry about splitting your light cycles to reduce algae because the Sat+ is dimmable. You can customize your output to your desire and save it in the memory (there's 4 memory slots).
Thanks for the info!! I agree that it sounds like a great product, but for now, I am going to get just the light and see how that works with my setup. When I have a better understanding of what I need, then I can get fancy timers.
naturelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:25 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright Planted Tank LLC 2012