The Planted Tank Forum banner

All my tanks..

4K views 24 replies 10 participants last post by  SlammedDC2 
#1 ·
Couldn't find a proper location to show my other, "non" (future) planted tanks... I threw in some of my pond as well... If there's a better place for thread can mod please move it for me
Thanks
Joe

#4 · (Edited)
My boy's 65gallon goldfish/bullfrog polywog :)
Keep it heavily filtered and lightly stocked... He's not good at maintenance,, and I refuse to clean his tank... Lol.. I have enough to do ;)

Attachments

#5 · (Edited)
Master bedroom goldfish.... Btw these goldfish are all 6"+... Except the little calico telescope I put in there and woke up the next morning to find that one of larger fish ate his eyes... Really sad, but cool thing is, he gets along fine.. Doesn't run into stuff and eats well.. You'd never know he was blind if you didn't notice the holes where his eyes used to be :).. I love the tough little guy

Attachments

#6 ·
Pond... Biggest fish is 21"... Broke ground on this the first week of May 2012,,, I, honestly, did 99% of the work alone.. , solo,,, by myself without help :)

Attachments

#9 · (Edited)
6000gallons, a bead pressure filter, a shower filter, two skimmers with 10" thick worth of matala filter mat in each.. A 4" bottom drain feeding the bead filter,, a retro bottom drain feeding the shower. The two skimmers feed a 750gallon heavily planted bog filter. I have four pumps, two submersible and two direct drives, totalling 25,500 gallons of water turnover an hour through filtration (minus head pressure, of course)
I go to koi shows and have three trophies to my name .. One for best metallic koi,, one for best fish entered by a first time competitor and one for best fantail goldfish... They were hand made plates engraved on the back.

I made the fancy japanese looking wall thing to hide my filters and 300 gallon quarantine tank

Attachments

#12 ·
Those are some beautiful koi and I admire you for putting in all the hard work to install your pond yourself, it's not easy doing all that manual labor. I followed your pond build over on koiphen and it's nice to see it progress.

#14 ·
Three new koi from Purdin koi farm. A kohaku, a showa and a sanke(no sumi yet, but they swear it's a sanke) .

Attachments

#18 · (Edited)
Mostly eBay.. A couple from riparium supply.
I added a second light. Just underneath the plants pointing down at the substrate from above. Gives a soft white light to the foreground, with the colored lights in back. I will have 100% surface water plant coverage, so the substrate plants will need additional lighting from inside the tank.. A couple bunches of nl java fern and a bunch of mosses is the plan.

#17 ·
My turtle tank. Two razorback musks, a trio of dalmatian guppies, an albino Cory cat and a green Cory cat plus one baby bullfrog.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.