ADA 90-P faulty. Or...? - Page 8
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Equipment

Old 09-13-2013, 10:15 PM   #106
Matsnork
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)

I agree, buying in a shop is always the way to go when dealing with this kind of merchandise. Or maybe if you have a good dialog with a seller who can double check the item before shipping it, snap some pictures and so on.

Good thing you brought it up. Im going to send an email about this. Ask ze germanz to do a quality check before shipping... Otherwise, with my luck, Im going to get a tank from a bad batch again.
Matsnork is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-21-2013, 05:11 AM   #107
Matsnork
Planted Tank Obsessed

Ok so no new tank is going to be shipped to me any time soon. Distributor is very reluctant because of the extreme costs involved. If they would ship it they want proof that I destroy my faulty 90-P(!) Sounds kind of nutty.

The store I bought it from is reluctant to pay for shipping but is still kinda good natured towards me. If no new tank then hoping for atleast a partial refund.

Never buying an unseen tank again thats for sure.
Old 09-21-2013, 05:19 AM   #108
AaronT
Collectoritis Patient

PTrader: (203/100%)

I have one of the older ADA tanks and the dimensions are near perfect down to the millimeter. I would not have been happy either.

It would seem the costs have gone up and the quality has gone down. I have heard that they moved production from Germany to China.
Old 09-21-2013, 04:01 PM   #109
talontsiawd
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (1/100%)
Send a message via AIM to talontsiawd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matsnork View Post
Ok so no new tank is going to be shipped to me any time soon. Distributor is very reluctant because of the extreme costs involved. If they would ship it they want proof that I destroy my faulty 90-P(!) Sounds kind of nutty.

The store I bought it from is reluctant to pay for shipping but is still kinda good natured towards me. If no new tank then hoping for atleast a partial refund.

Never buying an unseen tank again thats for sure.
I would just go ahead and destroy it, after you get the new tank. I bet they are just concerned you may resell it when they are already taking the loss.

Question, how do the NA tanks compare to ADA (assuming this isn't your first ADA tank of course). Also, what is there availability? It seems like they are still trying to hassle you, if NA makes comparable tanks and are easy to get, maybe you can get them to just cut a check. Trust me, I am a big fan of ADA stuff but now there are too many other brands for anything to be less than perfect. Maybe it's because we don't get NA stuff here but their products as appealing if not more than ADA to myself.

Just thinking you may have another route here that may make your life easier.
talontsiawd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-21-2013, 04:29 PM   #110
Matsnork
Planted Tank Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by talontsiawd View Post
I would just go ahead and destroy it, after you get the new tank.
They want me to destroy it before they send a new one.
Im pushing for a partial refund. Like 40-50%... Still cheaper than shipping for the retailer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by talontsiawd View Post
Question, how do the NA tanks compare to ADA
Not the same league I think but much cheaper. Especially the big tanks. Their new line of tanks/stands was just released a few months ago. They use thinner glass (like the older ADA tanks.) 90x45x50cm tank is 8mm, 120x50x50 is 10mm and so on. So a little bit taller/bigger tanks but with thinner glass. Anyone know if this affects durability much?

Been trying to get the NA tank owner on this forum to take some close ups on the tank hardware.

Copied from their product info:
"Due the fact of being hand made aquarium tank, tiny flaws are inherent"

They are honest about variations in quality it seems. And the customer support is the best Ive ever come across. Almost to the point at being intrusive

Last edited by Matsnork; 09-21-2013 at 07:32 PM.. Reason: typo
Old 09-21-2013, 04:51 PM   #111
talontsiawd
Planted Tank Guru

Maybe you should have something in writing if you want to go ahead with things. I don't know if that would make things more complicated or not. I would be hesitant to smash it before you get the new one because as far as I can tell, they have not done a great job at establishing trust here.

I don't think you will have an issue with glass thickness. I was actually kind of surprised when my friend graciously gave me his 60P for a wedding present. I thought the glass was rather thick (not overly thick) for the tank size.

I did forget the NA was a bit taller. I think the 90P has perfect dimensions so that could bug me if I had already purchased the 90P.

It just seems strange to me how they are dealing with the whole thing.
Old 09-21-2013, 08:22 PM   #112
Matsnork
Planted Tank Obsessed

Not smashing anything.... yet. Maybe later for completely different reasons ^^

The NA 90x45x50cm is 200usd + 70usd delivered. Thats what I paid for my 60-P not including shipping. I could live with a few flaws for that price. Well well, too late now.
Old 09-21-2013, 08:32 PM   #113
talontsiawd
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matsnork View Post
Not smashing anything.... yet. Maybe later for completely different reasons ^^

The NA 90x45x50cm is 200usd + 70usd delivered. Thats what I paid for my 60-P not including shipping. I could live with a few flaws for that price. Well well, too late now.
That's not a bad price. Mr. Aqua is around $300 and though I have seen some nice tanks from them, I have seen some not so nice. Hope you get it resolved, I just love the 90P so much. It would have been my next tank if my wife felt we could fit it.
Old 09-23-2013, 07:26 PM   #114
Matsnork
Planted Tank Obsessed

Got a refund offer of 26% with the catch that no responsability taken if the tank leaks. Dealership basically paying to get out of any warranty claims, cheaply I might add. No deal. At least 40% refund required imho.
Old 09-23-2013, 08:05 PM   #115
talontsiawd
Planted Tank Guru

Wow, they really don't want to claim responsibility. If you are not including shipping, as per US pricing, you could not even go out and buy a knock off to replace it. Given some of ADA's competitors are sending out new tanks for cosmetic flaws (without return shipping or expectation to destroy), I don't know where they came up with that number.

I they saying for 26%, you loose your warranty? I have never heard of anything like that if that is what you are saying. It's like saying, we know your tank is messed up so we will pay you a fraction back but not honor what we should because we know that the quality of the tank will void the warranty anyway.

That said, what is the warranty of an ADA tank? All I can find is "2 year quality warranty" which leads me to believe you have a warranty claim right there. I would assume that would be replacement or 100% money back but I am sure that there is more than that, never have purchased an ADA tank.
Old 09-23-2013, 08:10 PM   #116
AnotherHobby
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (9/100%)

This is pretty ridiculous, especially considering the price they demand.
AnotherHobby is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-23-2013, 10:12 PM   #117
Matsnork
Planted Tank Obsessed

In Sweden according to consumer protection regulations; everything (not including expendable items etc) comes with a 3 year warranty claim.
Old 09-23-2013, 10:44 PM   #118
Green_Flash
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (7/100%)

Anything less than 100% or tank replacement would be unacceptable for me.
You paid the premium price, you should get premium service and premium product, no questions asked.

If the edges aren't straight, what else might be wrong you could wonder?
Green_Flash is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-23-2013, 10:48 PM   #119
ThatGuyWithTheFish
perugiae

PTrader: (23/100%)

I'd have to say that you're one of the few out of thousands of tanks that were sold. They're nearly perfect but very occasionally you'll get something like this. Too bad.

"Boulders-Upon-Meadow"

My Golden Rule of planted tanks: WWTAD-
"What would Takashi Amano do?"

RAOK Club #69
ThatGuyWithTheFish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-23-2013, 10:51 PM   #120
AnotherHobby
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (9/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuyWithTheFish View Post
I'd have to say that you're one of the few out of thousands of tanks that were sold. They're nearly perfect but very occasionally you'll get something like this. Too bad.
Completely understandable that it happens, but it's coupled with completely unacceptable customer service. It's rotten, and it reflects very poorly on ADA.
AnotherHobby is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.