San Antonio Fish Store NEW
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > Texas

Old 07-03-2013, 02:54 AM   #1
ollyjolly

PTrader: (0/0%)

San Antonio Fish Store NEW

I wanted to submit a quick post for anyone in the San Antonio area looking for a good saltwater fish store. I have been in the hobby for several years and one of my tanks failed, and I had to setup a replacement tank. This left me having to make some trips to the local fish store.

While talking with one of the local fish store owners about not wanting to wait for the tank to cycle because I had fish living in buckets due to my tank failing. The fish store owner informed that there is a new fish store called South Seas Aquatics that carries Nutri-SeaWater which is used by the guys from the Discovery show Tanked. He told me that he had used it before and was able to add fish instantly.

As I did not want to wait a month for my tank to cycle I made the trip to the NW side of town to South Seas Aquatics at 7324 Reindeer Trail just off Bandera Road. The store was a little hard to find, but worth the visit. In my opinion this store has clean tanks, healthy livestock, and a nice selection of coral. After speaking with the owner Gary I was still a little hesitant to the claim of being able to add fish to the tank so quickly. Being short on options I purchased this Nutri-SeaWater. I let the tank filter overnight, and one by one added each fish. It has been 1 month since I purchased the water, and have not lost one fish other than a hermit crab which I believe died from age.

I am glad I came across this product as it beats waiting a month to let a tank cycle. I highly recommend this product after my experience.
ollyjolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-07-2013, 01:40 AM   #2
andrewq
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (3/100%)

FINTIQUE is in my opinion the best LFS. There prices cant be beat, and its a big store. The have new plants and fish shipments every week. There prices cant be beat, and there stock is reliable. Staff is very helpful and knowledgable. Im a FINTIQUE man!
andrewq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 06:35 AM   #3
Bear Sage
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (7/100%)

I will have to check out this new shop. I also agree fintique is unbeatable in livestock prices.