Justyn's 40g Breeder of Awesomeness !!! - Page 2
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Tank Journals

Old 07-17-2013, 10:18 PM   #16
Finalplay10
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (24/100%)

Also have 10 PFR's & roughly 20 ludwigia and rotala stems coming soon. Hoping to put the stems in the back right corner for some contrast and to hide the equipment. We'll see what happens.
Advertisement

Old 07-22-2013, 08:28 PM   #17
Finalplay10
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Alright so here is a tank update... I completed the DIY Auto Doser that I had been working on for awhile. It now doses just a smidge over 4ml of micros and macros every day of the week. It is plugged into a timer that is set to run from 2:15pm until 2:16pm. Unfortunately they run simultaneously as I haven't figured out how to get all the timed outlets to be off all day until the programmed times (yellow off...blue is on and vice versa; Can't seem to have both off simultaneously so they are both plugged into the yellow sockets until I figure it out (Zilla digital timer)). Need to clean up some of the glue, remove the old potentiometers, and glue down the motor controllers. I also have really nice plastic tubing holders and stainless steel check valves coming in so that the tubing will look much cleaner and I will be able to submerge them (connected to a powerhead for dispersal) without risking water flooding the system.

Old 07-22-2013, 08:36 PM   #18
Finalplay10
Planted Tank Enthusiast

In the next few pictures you will be able to see how the Erio Parkeri and C. Nurii are looking much healthier and getting nice and green. I also added some stems via a member, Soup12, along with 10 Taiwan True PFR juvies from him. I also have 10 Tangerine Tigers coming in via Speedie some time this week. All in all I am really happy with the progress this tank is making.

FTS:

Taiwan True PFR Juvie:

Side Shot of the New Stems:

If you look to the left of this last picture you can see the black algae on the Crypt Nurii leave that I have been battling for what seems like forever. It is on some blades of Parkeri as well (the main reason that they look so scrawny is because I trimmed all the blades that I saw with the black algae on them). Anybody have any ideas on how to get rid of this stuff?
Old 07-23-2013, 02:24 AM   #19
sjb1987
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (126/100%)

Man thats alot of parkeri....too much flower plucking for me haha... that auto doser looks sweet... was it fairly easy to rig up?

Edit....Just found your diy thread

Last edited by sjb1987; 07-23-2013 at 02:29 AM.. Reason: ......
sjb1987 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 04:40 AM   #20
Finalplay10
Planted Tank Enthusiast

It honestly wasn't that complicated with all of the help that I received from members. It looks way more complicated than it really was. The most confusing part was figuring out which wire from the DC adapter was positive/negative. The Motor controller was really easy to install. All in all it was a fairly cheap build once you get passed the $25 per/motor. Plan on building another one for a friends birthday. Highly rebuildable once you figure it out.
Old 08-17-2013, 02:38 AM   #21
TehDopeness
Algae Grower

PTrader: (2/100%)

I'm thinking about grabbing that same light for my 40b. How're you liking it?
Old 08-17-2013, 03:07 AM   #22
Finalplay10
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Pretty awesome light. My only complaint is that with the dimmer it only goes from 100 to 10% (not 0) so to completely turn it off you need to unplug it which sucks. Aside from that though its nice.
Old 08-18-2013, 12:39 AM   #23
Finalplay10
Planted Tank Enthusiast

So here's a quick update. Added some Anubias Coffefolia, Rotala Something, Buce "Kualuakyan #2" & HC. Just really waiting on the HC to fill in. Starting to fill up though. Black hair algae is still a PITA as you can see.

FTS:

Side Shots:

Old 09-06-2013, 10:17 PM   #24
Finalplay10
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Alright so here is a quick update. This tank is coming along and is actually looking quite nice right now. Unfortunately all I have is my crappy iphone camera to take pics with. I added some stems and moved some stuff around. Still the same basic layout with a few twists. Unfortunately my Marineland 350 no longer wants to work for periods longer than an hour without making an ungodly awful sound so my Eheim is running the UGF flawlessly. Need to get a new filter run all of the inline equipment, including the heater, of my fauna is going to get mighty cold soon.