Aquatic Wildlife in Manchester - Page 2
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > Connecticut

Old 09-30-2012, 04:26 AM   #16
Mikezilla
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Whenever i'm in the area i visit Aquatic Wildlife. I love the place!
1/2 of the store is FW and the other half SW
They carry a great selection of plants, and also sell ground cover plants by the carpet!
Fish selection is also huge, and the equipment is fairly well priced!
Mikezilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-22-2012, 12:27 AM   #17
Forumsnow
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (27/100%)

If I had to vote I would say wet pets all dayy long. Have gotten fish from both and the aquatic wildlife fish just are not as healthy. There is also many dead fish in the AW fish tanks at any time I have visited. Wet pets are always doing water changes and tank maintenance when I go in. Not much in plants at wet pets but I get all my plants from here and fish from wet pets. Animal city is by far the worst! I went in there the other day and they had two like 6"+ plecos in a small ten gallon tank, dead fish everywhere, and all sorts of bloated dying fish. Just my 2cents.
Forumsnow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 01:33 AM   #18
ftwchopper
Algae Grower

I stopped in at animal city a few weeks ago and was discusted with all the dead fish.They had a whole tank of dead orandas floating around.The employees didnt seem to care,walking by the tank and looking.
I understand that all aquarium stores have fish loss on a regular basis due to the stress of shipping and handleing.I cant really understand why they would leave there tanks in such an awful condition.....
ftwchopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 12:06 AM   #19
DeeSeven
Algae Grower

animal city is great IF you deal with lester, the other employees don't really know the first thing about fish nor care about them. I know he was on vacation a few weeks back ftwchopper and that is probably why you saw all the dead fish
DeeSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 12:18 AM   #20
Public Alias
Algae Grower

I've been going to all three of these stores for the last year or so. I've seen them all go through some not-so-impressive phases. I've been in animal city and saw plenty of healthy fish (and other animals), but I have also went in and seen lots of dead fish, and lizards with burnt misshapen noses from getting to close to their heat lamps. I dont go there much.

Wet pets seems to have pretty healthy fish and a great selection of supplies. Be careful about the neons though, I was just in there and saw white patches on the bodies of a few neons, Could be ntd, could be something far less serious. I would prefer not to risk it.

I think AW is my favorite. The variety is always impressive and I feel like I see something new every time I go in there. On average the fish I buy from AW and AC both seem to have pretty good survival rates, though I've had my lemons from both.